× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

addon - updated version of portainer app

some-donut
Aspirant

addon - updated version of portainer app

Is there a mechanism to get a newer version of Portainer installed? The "app store" version is 1.16 from a year ago.

Model: RN626X|ReadyNAS 626X – 6 Bays with Intel® Xeon® Quad-Core Server Processor
Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: addon - updated version of portainer app

Note that it would be up the app developer to provide an updated app.

Its not an app I use.  If you've already installed it - did you try the usual?

# apt-get update
# apt-get upgrade portainer

It's best not to do a blanket "apt-get upgrade".

Message 2 of 6
some-donut
Aspirant

I can fetch "portainer/portainer:latest", but if I switch my docker image to use "latest", the container won't start. I'm not sure why it only starts with "portainer/portainer:1.16.4"

The readynas addon library only lists the 1.16.4 version

Message 3 of 6
some-donut
Aspirant

I think I got it working by just spinning up a new portainer server via portainer, so instead of the default "portainermgmt", I created a new "portainer2" with similar settings, but bridged 9002 to port 9000.

... seems to work so far. There are no "portainer" settings because it's all just managing the local docker config. For now, I've got two portainer servers running.

Message 4 of 6
some-donut
Aspirant

Either the two versions don't like playing together or I did something else to bork the setup. I've removed both portainer containers and the app store won't install v1.16.4. Restarting docker didn't help. Gonna restart the whole box on a whim.

Message 5 of 6
some-donut
Aspirant

rebooted and portainer is now installed with 1.16.4

not sure why 1.20 borked my setup yet

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation