× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: dropbox for ReadyNAS ultra 2 not snycing.

ooniell
Aspirant

dropbox for ReadyNAS ultra 2 not snycing.

Hi, Every one. 

I bought the Dropbox app for a few weeks ago and have struggled really hard to get it to work. 

I have a ReadyNAS Ultra 2 x86 model that is running on RAIDiator 4.2.3

i have followed all the installation instruction over and over. with no sync result. 

when i install the addon everything works just fine to connect the app to my dropbox account. and everything is working fine in addon panel. allt he dotts are green. ( I'm using a Global dropbox) 

then i go in to the share tab and i create a new Share, named "Dropbox" and boom everything i had on the dropbox just pop in ther. but when i trie to add a folder or a new file nothing will happen. doesn't matter if i put a new file on the dropbox or in the folder on the NAS. it won't sync either way. 

i have played around the permissons and changed the owner to admin and group to users and vice versa. but with no result. i have tried this like 4 times but with no results. 

my question to you. would i benefit from doing a manualy update to OS 6.0 and try the addon there or do you have new ideas on what could be wrong? 

would very appriciate a fix for this problem. i have 450 GB of work files on my NAS that i want to back up with dropbox. 😞

thanks in advance

Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

You might want to contact the app provider directly.  If it's from https://rnxtras.com/ you can also pm @WhoCares_ here (using the messages link in the upper right).

Dropbox also has their own forum, and it might be worthwhile to ask there.

@ooniell wrote:

I have a ReadyNAS Ultra 2 x86 model that is running on RAIDiator 4.2.3

Did you mean 4.2.30?  If not, you are running ancient firmware, and you should update it.

Message 2 of 4
ooniell
Aspirant

well. i have searched the entire forum for this answears and contacted the developer in person and he won't respond

yhea sry i do mean 4.2.30. the latest

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

I've seen some other reports on subfolders not syncing.  The developer is creating the install package, and the program itself comes from dropbox.  That's why I suggested the dropbox forum.

Try also PMing him here though.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements