× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

how to manually remove subsonic on readynas 314

dmacleo
Guide

how to manually remove subsonic on readynas 314

for some reason subsonic stopped working, admin page not working, and I need to remove it. when removing from apps page it hags a bit then refreshes and app still shows installed.

will deleting (or renaming) the app/subsonic directory then restarting NAS (readnas 314) force the system to treat it as uninstalled thereby letting me install fresh?

I think it happened due to me trying to manually update to latest version and somehow messing that up.

another oddity, even though it shows installed it ALSO shows under available apps and clicking install creates 2 entries under instaled app section, and none of them actually work.

Message 1 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: how to manually remove subsonic on readynas 314

Are you comfortable with the implications of enabling SSH and with using that?

Message 2 of 10
dmacleo
Guide

yeah am ok using ssh  I just was not able to see what name it used during installation.

Message 3 of 10
dmacleo
Guide

possibly related, when I install an app I get error msg sayign it cannot be installed yet app does get installed and works fine.

Message 4 of 10
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello dmacleo,

Do you get the same problem using a different web browser? What's the current FW version?

And does other app work when installed?

Regards,

Message 5 of 10
dmacleo
Guide

browser does not matter and the readynas 314 is firmware 6.2.4 and I have already done OS reinstall.

this oddity on installing started hapening when I tried to (incorrectly I guess) use ssh to install then remove subsonic.

as far as I can tell all apps work fine so its not critical.

think when my rma'd 104 comes in tomorrow I will migrate all files to it and do factory reset unless you know of some trick I can try.

where I am comfortable with ssh I am willing to try anything, if I am right doing a correct subsonic install and remove from ssh MAY correct this issue.

Message 6 of 10
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello dmacleo,

Checked your profile and you have 2 RN104 units while this RN314 is a refurb one.

Maybe best if we wait for mdgm if he can help with SSH access of this NAS.

Regards,

Message 7 of 10
dmacleo
Guide

the second 104 is the rma unit arriving fedex today, I'll just copy files over to that one and do factory reset on the 314 later today or tomorrow.

everything works on the 314 just basically visual oddities that started after I tried to use ssh to fix the subsonic issue.

Message 8 of 10
brokenbrick
Aspirant

I am having a similar issue with the 314.  After the recent firmware update my Subsonic started not working with the Android app so I thought reinstalling it might do some good. When I go to remove it I just hangs for a long time and then still shows as installed. When I try to turn it on though it turns on for 1 second and turns itself back off.  When I login through SSH and try to uninstall it with apt-get or dpkg it just says there is nothing installed. dpkg -l does not list it and apt-get --purge remove subsonic finds nothing either.  I may have made the same mistake that you did and instaled subsonic through apt thinking this would resolve the issue but it did not. I also tried an OS reinstall but no dice.  I am wondering if I just delete the /var/subsonic directory if that would solve the issue but I don't want to make things worse. I am comfortable in the command line but I don't want to go mucking around in the system files to try to figure out what is going on.  Is there someway to force install the original package in the command line?

Message 9 of 10
brokenbrick
Aspirant

UPDATE: I manually installed Poussin's latest version of Subsonic from the community dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ie9pwk1wut72ias/p6_X2QeOIC) and it came back! This works unlike the standard .deb subsonic file, I just didn't know where to find these files. Updating Subconic also resolved the connection issue I was having with my Android app and the Subsonic server.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements