× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

iPhone ReadyCLOUD Moble Client Network error occured

DPeach
Tutor

iPhone ReadyCLOUD Moble Client Network error occured

I am attempting to login to ReadyCloud with Netgear through the app (version 2.0.4) on my iOS (iPhone X iOS v12.2) but unless i turn on the wifi I only get a prompt that states Network Error Occured (sic). If i enable the wifi on my local network I can access just fine. As soon as I turn off the wifi, or I am away from network signal, I get the network error message. What am I doing wrong?

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 16

Accepted Solutions
tom1stein
Initiate

Betreff: iPhone ReadyCLOUD Moble Client Network error occured

In the settings of your iPhone under "Mobile Network" (I guess that name, as I only have a German version) you can select which app is allowed to use mobile network. Did you check that?

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 16

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: iPhone ReadyCLOUD Moble Client Network error occured

Hi DPeach,

I understand that you are not able to login to ReadyCLOUD using the app on your iOS when WiFi is disconnected. This is actually normal since you need Internet Connection to be able to login to ReadyCLOUD.

Regards,

Message 2 of 16
DPeach
Tutor

Thank you. I thought I was doing something wrong. So if I understand you correctly I cannot access ReadyCLOUD over cellular?
Message 3 of 16
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi DPeach,

You should still be able to access the ReadyCLOUD if you are using mobile data. Let us try isolating the issue first. Can you access ReadyCLOUD through the web portal (readycloud.netgear.com) when the iPhone is connected via mobile data?

Regards,

Message 4 of 16
DPeach
Tutor

Yes. I am able to login to ReadyCLOUD.netgear.com
Message 5 of 16
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi DPeach,

I just tried this on our end and I am able to login to the ReadyCLOUD using the iOS app both on WiFi and mobile data. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

May I know also who is the cellular service provider?

Regards,

Message 6 of 16
DPeach
Tutor

Thanks again. I have tried uninstall and reinstall. I made sure to have the most current version installed. My cell provider is Verizon.
Message 7 of 16
DPeach
Tutor

Is there anything further that I can check to get this working?

Message 8 of 16
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi DPeach,

We are thinking that it could be something with Verizon since we are not encountering it on our end. You may check with them if they are using IPv4 or IPv6. Our ReadyCLOUD app can only support IPv4 currently.

Regards,

Message 9 of 16
DPeach
Tutor

John, 

Thank you again for working this issue with me. 

From everything I have read on Verizon’s network, Verizon is using a “dual stack” mode which incorporates both IPV6 and IPV4. 

Message 10 of 16
DPeach
Tutor

I am still unable to access when using cellular. Any ideas?

Message 11 of 16
StephenB
Guru

@DPeach wrote:

I am still unable to access when using cellular. Any ideas?

Check to see if your cellular network is using IPv6.  For some reason ReadyCloud only works over IPv4.

Message 12 of 16
DPeach
Tutor

I use Verizon’s network. And everywhere I have read they use both IPv6 and IPv4. They call it stacking. And it states that they will continue using both until IPv4 is phased out. Is there another way I could check to see if I am using IPv6 or IPv4?

Message 13 of 16
StephenB
Guru

It should be somewhere in the network settings - not sure exactly where, as my iPad is WiFi only.

If you can't find it in settings, then browse to https://whatismyipaddress.com/ with WiFi turned off.

Message 14 of 16
tom1stein
Initiate

In the settings of your iPhone under "Mobile Network" (I guess that name, as I only have a German version) you can select which app is allowed to use mobile network. Did you check that?

Message 15 of 16
DPeach
Tutor

You, my friend, are a genius!! And I feel so retarded!! Thanks you! Sometimes it’s the obvious solution.
Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements