× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

netgearNAS-2120

samy-saad
Aspirant

netgearNAS-2120

Hello Am Saturday night the nas was freezing no communication but only pingable after a restart everything comes back.  but after a reboot the volume is lost the disks are now red what can i do?

Model: RN2120|ReadyNAS 2120 1U 4-Bay Diskless

i attached log file
Model: ReadySHARE Vault|Backup your files on your PC
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: netgearNAS-2120

Just to be clear - 

• did you remove disk 1 (and then reinsert it)?
  • Same question for disk 4?

BTW, what firmware are you running on the NAS?

Message 2 of 4
samy-saad
Aspirant

Hi,

I did not remove any desk like long before i restart it someone tell me he can't delete file from shared folder

and some file can copy and open and other files no,

just i restart it from webpage, then all volumes not found

model Readynas 2120 v2

frimware  6.9.3

and please check attached file screenshoot

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Ok.

If you need to offload data, then one option is to contact paid Netgear support.  They might need you to execute a data recovery contract (which is expensive). https://kb.netgear.com/69/ReadyNAS-Data-Recovery-Diagnostics-Scope-of-Service

Another option is to connect the disks to a Windows PC, and recover data with RAID recovery software.  You need a package that supports BTRFS,  ReclaiMe is one.  https://www.reclaime.com/

Otherwise, you can delete the existing volumes you see on the volume tab, and create a new one.  I then would run the disk test from the volume settings wheel.  Then download the log zip file, and look for disk errors.  You then will need to recreate your shares, and restore the data - but the user accounts, etc would still be there.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements