× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

readyNas 214 no longer showing shares

CrazyCraig
Aspirant

readyNas 214 no longer showing shares

Hello, I am experiencing an issue where the shares I have created on my readynas have disappeared in the web admin page.  The shares page shows empty, but the usage shows there is about 11tb of my 27tb system free.  I am able to browse some of the shares from some of the computers on my network,  but some of the shares show they are empty.  I am not sure what to do or where to turn to.  I don't see anything out of the ordinary in the logs available in the web page.  I have downloaded the complete log bundle but I don't know what to look for.  If anyone has any hints or idea of what to look for I would appreciate it.

Thank you

Craig

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: readyNas 214 no longer showing shares

@CrazyCraig

Good thing you have replaced the drives getting high errors. OS volume is fine as well as data. The resync might have cause something. Will you be able to set the NAS on SDM? We may have to take a look.

Also, if you can access your data, it would be best to have a backup of it.

HTH

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@CrazyCraig wrote:

Hello, I am experiencing an issue where the shares I have created on my readynas have disappeared in the web admin page.  The shares page shows empty, but the usage shows there is about 11tb of my 27tb system free.  I am able to browse some of the shares from some of the computers on my network,  but some of the shares show they are empty.  I am not sure what to do or where to turn to.  I don't see anything out of the ordinary in the logs available in the web page.  I have downloaded the complete log bundle but I don't know what to look for.  If anyone has any hints or idea of what to look for I would appreciate it.

Are you seeing a full root message anywhere?

You can try sending a private message (PM) to the mods ( @Marc_V and/or @JeraldM ) and ask them to review the log zip for you.  You send a PM using the envelope icon in the upper right of the forum page. Put the zip in cloud storage (google drive, icloud, dropbox, etc), and put a download link in the PM.

BTW, don't post a link to the log zip publicly, there is some information leakage if you do that.

Message 2 of 7
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@CrazyCraig

Welcome to the Community!

What was the last activity you have done before this happened? Did you perform an upgrade? If you can upload your full logs to a share service and provide me the link to download it via PM I can take a look.

HTH

Message 3 of 7
CrazyCraig
Aspirant

@Marc_V  I have sent you a PM with the requested information.  I have done nothing prior to this issue.  I don't even know when it happened as I was able to browse the shares prior to this morning on my PC on the same network.

Message 4 of 7
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@CrazyCraig

Good thing you have replaced the drives getting high errors. OS volume is fine as well as data. The resync might have cause something. Will you be able to set the NAS on SDM? We may have to take a look.

Also, if you can access your data, it would be best to have a backup of it.

HTH

Message 5 of 7
CrazyCraig
Aspirant

I did replace that last failed drive back in March I believe.  I would have to purchase an additional drive to try to copy/backup about 6tb of data. I guess it would be best to try to save that data while I still have access to it before enabling SDM.

Message 6 of 7
CrazyCraig
Aspirant

@Mark_V thank you again for your help in this matter.  I was able to restore the shares using the instructions you provided.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements