× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: subsonic 4.9

TeknoJnky
Hero

subsonic 4.9

any chance of an updated package for subsonic 4.9/raidiator 4.x?
Message 1 of 27
super_poussin
Virtuoso

subsonic 4.9

Will try to do it next week
Message 2 of 27
TeknoJnky
Hero

Thank you S-P!
Message 3 of 27
super_poussin
Virtuoso

In my community Dropbox
Message 4 of 27
Samos
Aspirant

Hello Super-poussin.

Thx for your addons.
(and sorry for my poor english)

I've a problem with subsonic 4.9 (also on 4.7) (for x86 v4)

I install your mod, wait a long time to have a successfull install popup, but doesn't appear.
So I refresh frontend, and try to launch subsonic but it failed (blank page, with adress "about:blank")
If I try to activate subsonic, i wait an eternity (like after installing the mod)

If you have an idea ...
Thank you from BZH 😉
Message 5 of 27
doylmi
Guide

Same here - install is taking quite a long time for me. Seems to be stuck at "apt-get -y -f install" if that helps.

Here' what I'm seeing:

root 4886 4877 0 22:29 ? 00:00:00 sh install.sh
root 4991 4886 0 22:30 ? 00:00:00 apt-get -y -f install
root 4996 4991 49 22:30 ? 00:14:50 [dpkg] <defunct>
Message 6 of 27
Samos
Aspirant

I can't help you, i'don't use apt-get for this
Message 7 of 27
doylmi
Guide

Samos wrote:
I can't help you, i'don't use apt-get for this

Right. I actually took a look at what super-poussin's install script is doing to try and give him some more detail.
Message 8 of 27
doylmi
Guide

So I never got Subsonic to install via Frontview. However, since the addon was unpacked to /tmp/addons/SUBSONIC, I went ahead and ran the install.sh script. Similar to Samos, Subsonic never came back up for me. As it turns out, the path to Java was not set properly. Ended up modifying /c/webroot/subsonic/subsonic.sh as follows:

Changed:

# Use JAVA_HOME if set, otherwise assume java is in the path.
JAVA=java

To:

# Use JAVA_HOME if set, otherwise assume java is in the path.
JAVA=/c/webroot/subsonic/jre1.6.0_20/bin/java

Now everything is good.
Message 9 of 27
super_poussin
Virtuoso

will correct this
Message 10 of 27
Samos
Aspirant

Arggg ...

Don't have "/c/webroot/subsonic/jre1.6.0_20/"
Bad install of Subsonic ?
Message 11 of 27
Samos
Aspirant

Thanx.
With the update of your mod, i'have this message :
"Somme de contrôle du fichier image incorrecte. Mise à jour abandonnée."

An idea ??
🙂
Message 12 of 27
Samos
Aspirant

Now, I want desinstall your addon, to retry the installation, but i have the same message :
"Somme de contrôle du fichier image incorrecte. Mise à jour abandonnée."

How can i properly desinstall it ?
Message 13 of 27
RedDeath
Aspirant

Was this ever updated? Does it install properly now? I would love to update my subsonic.

The dropbox shows it's 14 days old so I am unsure.

Thanks!
Message 14 of 27
RedDeath
Aspirant

I went with the install. I couldn't install through frontpage, but was able to SSH and run the install.sh script.

Super-poussin did fix the java line. Works great.

The UI in 4.9 is so much nicer than 4.7.

Thanks again Super-poussin, you rock, I appreciate it.
Message 15 of 27
Dewdman42
Virtuoso

where is the community dropbox to get 4.9?
Message 16 of 27
Winnebago1
Tutor

I would like more information on how to update to 4.9. I apologize for being a Linux newbie but we all have to start somewhere. I have the 1.04 file from the community Dropbox. How do I transfer the file? I believe I need to run sh install.sh but how do we unpack the DEB file to get the install file?

Dropbox location for Dewdman42: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ie9pwk1wut72ias/p6_X2QeOIC
Message 17 of 27
JeremyB132
Aspirant

Edit: I found it was looking in the wrong area. Winnebago check in the x84 (4.2) folder in dropbox.

Edit 2: Here is the link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ie9pwk1wut72ias/AAAoAz7LNr7a8ejC41DiKA4qa/x86-4.2/Subsonic_4.9.00.bin
Message 18 of 27
Winnebago1
Tutor

Thank you, JeremyB132. I will D/L that and see what happens.

Did you have good luck installing and getting it all to work?
Message 19 of 27
lancerus
Aspirant

I might be able to help here.

First let me describe my environment ...

I'm (currently) running Subsonic-4.9 (with the extra features, ie: redirection from <name>.subsonic.org, etc).
I stream to work (the web interface).
I stream to my cars (iSub running on iphones)
In my house, I have Audioengine plugged into the nas (combo usb soundcard/wireless device) so I can run jukebox mode and broadcast to two stereos.

I have all of the above running against os4 (Pro6). I also had problems installing Super-Poussin's 4.9 build so I created a custom version.
Along the way I also created a build of Madsonic-5.0 (but havent tested it yet). I wanted to stablize the Audioengine path first before switching to Madsonic.

I've also run the entire environment against OS6 (Pro2) - but actually just switched to the os4/Pro6 as the Pro2 didnt have enough "juice" (couldnt transcode realtime, etc). On the OS6 version - when I was running that I did upgrade it to 4.9 by simply replacing the .war and restarting.

Anyway - any questions I'll gladly help.
Message 20 of 27
lancerus
Aspirant

I have one problem left I'm chasing on the os4 version ... once a day apache apparently restarts (I never noticed before, looks like its something normal). The catch is when apache restarts - it *stops* subsonic (cleanly) -- but doesnt restart it. In /var/log/frontview/error.log I have this:

[Sun Jul 13 06:25:04 2014] [notice] Apache/2.2.6 (Debian) mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/0.9.8c DAV/2 PHP/5.4.25-0rnx1 SVN/1.7.4 mod_apreq2-20051231/2.6.0 mod_perl/2.0.2 Perl/v5.8.8 configured -- resuming normal operations

There's nothing in the logs about stopping subsonic ... but over in the subsonic logs, it received a sig 15 and did a clean shutdown. I'm not sure yet what the connection is - ie: why is subsonic getting sent the sig 15 to stop for an apache restart. Has anyone seen anything like this before and/or have any pointers about what needs to change with this package setup ?

Thanks !!!
Message 21 of 27
john_es
Aspirant

Is there a way to modify this to run as a non-root user?
Message 22 of 27
lancerus
Aspirant

john_es wrote:
Is there a way to modify this to run as a non-root user?

If that's the problem I dont see why not. Take for example mysql, you can start/stop it from frontview, and it runs under the mysql user. I plan to look at that pkg next. I just dont want to experiment with my current nas as I have alot of stuff on there I depend on ... working on buying a replacement for the pro2.
Message 23 of 27
john_es
Aspirant

Is the 4.9 on the dropbox link, built by superpoussin? Just wondering why the community links to the 4.7 version and superpoussin hasnt posted the link (some other user did).
Message 24 of 27
JeremyB132
Aspirant

Hey super-poussin

On another thread they mentioned adding this to keep automatically restart subsonic:

my $subsonic = `ps aux | grep onic | grep jar | grep -v grep | sed -r -e 's/ +/ /g' | cut -f 11- -d ' '`; # PKAS
chomp($subsonic); # PKAS

foreach my $cmd (keys %restart) {
system("$cmd");
}

my $isSubsonicStillThere = `ps aux | grep onic | grep jar | grep -v grep`; # PKAS
if ($subsonic && $isSubsonicStillThere !~ /jar/) { # PKAS
print "Restarting subsonic\n"; # PKAS
system("cd /c/webroot/subsonic \&\& rm -f nohup.out \&\& nohup $subsonic 2>\&1 >/dev/null \&"); # PKAS
} # PKAS

unlink("/ramfs/.logtruncate.lock");

It seems that in 4.9 this isn't work as subsonic has been crashing at some point or getting closed. Would this script still work to restart subsonic after the log.truncate runs? Appreciate the help and thanks for the great addon!
Message 25 of 27
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 26 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements