× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

surveillance camera with network cable 1/2 miles away from home

emeylan
Follower

surveillance camera with network cable 1/2 miles away from home

I like to setup a camera at my letter box    (mail thieves)   my letter box is 1/2 miles away from home.    Wifi is not working.

I have a 110V line between home and camera.    I purchased two netgear adapter to setup a camera using the 110V line (Netgear XE102USR)

How do I find a camera compatible with this adapters ??

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: surveillance camera with network cable 1/2 miles away from home

Are you using a ReadyNAS or is this a more general question about compatibility with the XE102USR?

This particular forum is only for ReadyNAS, but I can move it to the right forum if needed.

I will say that any ethernet-connected camera should be compatible with the XE102USR.  You will need to power it (since the XE102USR doesn't provide power over ethernet).  The XE102USR is quite old - newer powerline technology might get you higher speeds.  Though you are running over a long distance...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: surveillance camera with network cable 1/2 miles away from home

Are you using a ReadyNAS or is this a more general question about compatibility with the XE102USR?

This particular forum is only for ReadyNAS, but I can move it to the right forum if needed.

I will say that any ethernet-connected camera should be compatible with the XE102USR.  You will need to power it (since the XE102USR doesn't provide power over ethernet).  The XE102USR is quite old - newer powerline technology might get you higher speeds.  Though you are running over a long distance...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements