× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: uTorrent 3.3.30470 on ReadyNASOS 6.9.2?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

uTorrent 3.3.30470 on ReadyNASOS 6.9.2?

I had this app installed from way back, never really used it so I tried to uninstall it but it failed. I tried manual re-install (upload) to do a clean un-install, but failed.

Now the WebGUI has the app still listed as "installed", but can't be turned on (fails) and can't be lauched.

Before I re-install the NAS OS, anyone know if this app is even working anymore?

Is there a manual proccess to remove and clean up this app? (console? WebGUI?)

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Mhynlo
Luminary

There was a change in the reprove process on the ReadyNAS and my app was not able to handle it gracefully on the newer firmware. I have updated the app to fix the remove issue that you might be encountering.

https://github.com/Mhynlo/rn-utorrent/releases/tag/3.3.30470-ml0

Try updating the app and removing it again.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Retired_Member

Have you tried using a different browser? Other members were able to successfully uninstall it after using a different browser or clearing the cache.

You can try to update to 6.9.3 too and then try to reinstall/uninstall.

If it does not resolve it kindly send me a link to your logs so we can check.

Regards

Message 2 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I'll try another browser and see if that works - I have poor access luck using other pc's/browsers with the Admin page (just usually sticks at the loading screen).

I believe the Admin Page needs a clean-up (app validation, and removal) since it appears the app may be un-installed from the system, just not removed from Frontview - either that, or its disabled/off, and I can't turn it on/off (grey'ed on/off button) since it won't even run. I installed an earlier version which worked, then tried to uninstall that, but it also failed (now I have 2 broken versions lol).

I'll wait for the next OS upgrade after 6.9.3 before trying, since 6.9.3 doesn't appear to be working well with this RN316 atm.

Message 3 of 5
Mhynlo
Luminary

There was a change in the reprove process on the ReadyNAS and my app was not able to handle it gracefully on the newer firmware. I have updated the app to fix the remove issue that you might be encountering.

https://github.com/Mhynlo/rn-utorrent/releases/tag/3.3.30470-ml0

Try updating the app and removing it again.

Message 4 of 5
jpass022
Luminary

Thanks Mhynlo, 

This cleaned up my uTorrent uninstall...

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements