× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

uTorrent for ReadyNas 2120 x86

shardie
Aspirant

uTorrent for ReadyNas 2120 x86

Does anyone know if there is a uTorrent app for the ReadyNAS 2120 or x86 NAS? I can only find one for the ARM cpu NAS's. 

Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: uTorrent for ReadyNas 2120 x86

@shardie wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a uTorrent app for the ReadyNAS 2120 or x86 NAS? I can only find one for the ARM cpu NAS's. 

I think you got this backwards - the uTorrent app on https://apps.readynas.com is only for x86.

Your 2120 is ARM, you can install Transmission on it.

Message 2 of 4
shardie
Aspirant

I just realised I made that mistake - thanks, hehe. I tried Transmittion and it would download any torrents. Then I tried uTorrent on my Mac with the same torrent files and downloaded them immediately at full speed. I also didnt see a scheduler in Transmission.

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

If you are comfortable using the linux command line, you could manually install uTorrent on the RN2120.  If you do that, you want to make sure you install it onto the data volume, and make sure it's folders are also on the data volume.  The OS partition is only 4 GB, and bad things can happen if it gets too full.

Or use uTorrent on your 2100 of course.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements