× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

unable see backups

Vannareddy
Aspirant

unable see backups

Hi,

Could someone help me, I have NAS 526x I could see Backup is getting completed but unable to see the backups.  when i right click on shared folders-->recover,  I Could see only snapshots but not the backups. 

Could some one help me please? Thanks!

Regards,

Vanna reddy

Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: unable see backups

Recover is only for snapshots.  You can restore the backup(s) by reversing the direction of the backup jobs (switching source and destination).

Are you backing up to USB drives?  Or over the network? 

If USB, then what disk format did you choose?  You should pick a format that you can read on one of your PCs.  

Message 2 of 6
Vannareddy
Aspirant

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the reply, I have tried by reversing the direction of the backup, however just it tries to copy whateer the data is available in the NAS storage,  I dont see the backups date wise.

I am using network to retrive the Data.

Also it would be great help, if you provide me the steps to copy the old backup to other drive by means of USB or Network.

Regqards,

Vanna Reddy

Model: ReadySHARE Vault|Backup your files on your PC
Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@Vannareddy wrote:

I am using network to retrive the Data.

Also it would be great help, if you provide me the steps to copy the old backup to other drive by means of USB or Network.

Normally you just switch the source and destinations.

Can you post the backup settings you are using now?

Message 4 of 6
Vannareddy
Aspirant

Here is the logs and and backup settings.

Backup Job Name: Share2
Backup Job Type: Incremental
Protocol: cifs
Backup Source: [remote:cifs]///35.16.10.5/Engineering2
Backup Destination: [Engineering2]/
Backup Start Time: Thu Feb 25 2021 4:24:00
Backup Finish Time: Thu Feb 25 2021 4:40:17
Backup Status: Success

Source is windows 2012 server

Destination NAS Storage Engineering2 (created shared folder)

when I reverse the Job,  it copies only the current data, but I need  to view the old backups.

Regards,

Vanna Reddy

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@Vannareddy wrote:

Backup Destination: [Engineering2]/

when I reverse the Job,  it copies only the current data, but I need to view the old backups.

Reversing the backup job won't help you.

There might be some confusion here.  The NAS backup jobs don't do versioned backups.  They simply copy everything on the source to the destination - overwriting any files that were changed.  With your settings, files deleted on the remote source will still remain on Engineering2.

To see what's currently in the share, you can simply browse to Engineering2.  But there is no such thing as an "old backup".

However, if you have an OS-6 ReadyNAS and have snapshots enabled on Engineering2, then you could access the snapshots to see (or recover) older files - each snapshot will contain the contents of the share as of the date the snapshot was taken.  You can browse the snapshots using the admin web ui.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements