× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

what happens with delete/reinstall?

blueray1
Aspirant

what happens with delete/reinstall?

My Photos II v1.0.2 installation would lose the ability to send invitations every morning when the ReadyNAS powered back on. -I could see my albums using IE on my local network. I found that generally, the service was not started when I checked in Frontview. When I would click the Diagnose tabs, the info returned seemed to indicated that everything was working with the redirector etc., however, the main page in Frontview indicated that the service was not started. Several reboots/clicking Diagnose seemed to get it working again until the next time the ReadyNAS would power down on schedule. Powering up in the morning would leave the service not running.

I finally tried unchecking the service in Frontview. Now I find that rechecking it along with the EULA results in an opportunity to watching the circular progress indicator spin without any further result.

Unless there is another suggestion, I would guess that my next step is to remove Photos II and resinstall. I gather that doing this will also delete my photos and my albums from the NAS -true? Or are the photos left someplace and just the Photos II removed?

If I am successful in resinstalling Photos II, I would like to be able to select the same name for the redirector. Will I find that I can still use the same name for the address or will it tell me that it can't be used because it is already in use? (in use by me with the previous installation that has been removed.)

Any other ideas?
Thanks
Message 1 of 2
yoh-dah
Guide

Re: what happens with delete/reinstall?

Please PM me your Photos II hostname and I'll see if there's anything we can tell from that.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements