× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ALL Netgear USB Drive Mapping Issues ReadyShareConnect.exe ReadyShare Windows10 Map Network Drive

Battlesloth01
Aspirant

ALL Netgear USB Drive Mapping Issues ReadyShareConnect.exe ReadyShare Windows10 Map Network Drive

The SMB Question,

So whilst there is a lot written and updates for newer model but will netgear update the SMB support of the ReadyNAS ?, basically may now have to remove it as this wont meet security standards due to lack of software support. I understand how to make it work and aware of risk which I am not willing to take. Seems a shame after 2 days of setup only now to rip it out due to lack of standards support ?

Surely the SMB issue is resolved but now ?

Model: ReadyNASRNDU6000|ReadyNAS Ultra 6 Chassis only
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: ALL Netgear USB Drive Mapping Issues ReadyShareConnect.exe ReadyShare Windows10 Map Network D

@Battlesloth01 wrote:

So whilst there is a lot written and updates for newer model but will netgear update the SMB support of the ReadyNAS ?,

They stopped selling your ultra in 2013, and stopped updating the firmware in May 2017.  So 4.2.31 is the final firmware.  I don't see adding support for SMB 3.0 at this point.

However, you do have an option.  It is possible to convert your ultra to run OS 6 firmware.  It isn't supported by Netgear, but many people have done it.  You do need a full backup, as the process will reformat your current disks.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements