× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Automatic x86 RSS and Cookies configuration

Swoofah
Tutor

Automatic x86 RSS and Cookies configuration

So yes.

Ive searched the forum and interwebs far and wide (not so easy when the program is called automatic , and does something automatically, by the way -.-) and found next to nothing on this issue regarding configuration of the cookies parameter. While awaiting the uTorrent 3.0 addon i figured transmission and automatic had to do. The problem being that there is zero to none documentation on how to configure it.

Others on the forum have settled the issue on using the filters ( http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=41869&p=266879&hilit=automatic+filter#p266879 ), so ill leave that be.

My problem is with figuring out what to do when one is using a private tracker and has to use the cookies => "" field. Does anyone have a clue on this? Do you extract the cookie from the browser somehow and pass the path, or is it the values one the form uid=<numbser>;pass<hash> and so on? My cookie also has a valdiation and checksum field, do i need these

And as a sidenote, would it be possible to get a fresh version for the x86 plattform like the SPRAC one got? You know 0.6.2/0.9.2 to 0.6.4/0.9.7?

Pretty please? Anyone?
Message 1 of 11
Trial_Master
Aspirant

Use the x86 Automatic addon SP created. I use with Private Tracker no probs.
Message 2 of 11
WhoCares_
Mentor

I guess he already has the add-on but wants to know how to configure the cookies option. Since I haven't used the add-on for quite some time, I'll have to look it up in the code but if you know the answer already, that might be the faster solution. Otoh it may well be that SP's version of the add-on works better there, so it'd be nice if you had a pointer to that one for the original poster.

-Stefan
Message 3 of 11
Trial_Master
Aspirant

Hi Stefan

We had the same issue with private tracker cookies when testing your addon so as an alternative had to change 'use transmission' value to no and enable watch directory.

That worked fine but I noticed SP made a x86 addon and his worked with private tracker cookies and I have above value set to yes. I must admit I haven't tried yours or looked into the original issue since it currently works fine I left things as they were.

I haven't had to configure anything for the cookies to work the 'use-transmission' feature caused this issue with your addon but not SP? I know nothing about these things it's just my experiences with both versions.

SP addon viewtopic.php?f=36&t=39157

PS I should note checking my SP configuration file there is no cookie fields just the private tracker URL field.
Message 4 of 11
WhoCares_
Mentor

No problem. As I said I haven't paid much attention to the Automatic add-on lately so SP's version may be the better choice for the user. Since I couldn't find a link easily I thought you might help out there which you were nice enough to do.

-Stefan
Message 5 of 11
Trial_Master
Aspirant

Yeah looks like everyone is moving onto u-torrent. I really should get on these forums more often 🙂
Message 6 of 11
Swoofah
Tutor

Thanks for the reply Trial_Master, but as WhoCares? said; the question here is what to do when you got the addon, not what to use.

The use-transmission parameter is irrelevant at this point, because i have'nt got the torrentfile yet.

So please; how do one set up the configuration? An example of a private tracker setup would be appreciated!

Or is it time to move away from the Automatic + Transmission setup and just use the uTorrent-addon? Does it support the use of private-trackers now?
Message 7 of 11
Trial_Master
Aspirant

Have you installed the add-on? There isn't much to set up. What option are you having issues with?
Message 8 of 11
Swoofah
Tutor

To quote myself:

Swoofah wrote:

My problem is with figuring out what to do when one is using a private tracker and has to use the cookies => "" field. Does anyone have a clue on this? Do you extract the cookie from the browser somehow and pass the path, or is it the values one the form uid=<numbser>;pass<hash> and so on? My cookie also has a valdiation and checksum field, do i need these?

When using a private tracker; WHAT do you do? As previously stated, an example would be appreciated 🙂
Message 9 of 11
Trial_Master
Aspirant

As I stated above there is no cookie field. If you install the add-on and check out the config file you'll see what is required. My setup file would pretty much look the same after I removed all my paths etc...
Message 10 of 11
Swoofah
Tutor

Im sorry; i didn't realize that we where talking about to "different" addons 🙂

Thanks for all your help!
Message 11 of 11
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements