× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can 1 NAS replicate multiple accounts?

pszilard
Aspirant

Can 1 NAS replicate multiple accounts?

As I am now a fully enrolled member of the Egnyte Resellers' Club 🙂 I would like my ReadYNAS to be a local cloud mirror for multiple customers that I will set up and administer for Egnyte. Is this possible?

I want my customers to have their own accounts - that way they can feel that they are not locked in to my services, but I would like to offer a local mirror as part of my offering, without needing to purchase a separate NAS for each account. So as a reseller (super) admin, can I replicate multiple customers to my single NAS?
Message 1 of 4
JohnnyEgnyte
Aspirant

Re: Can 1 NAS replicate multiple accounts?

Paul,

Each ReadyNAS device can only sync to one Egnyte account as we can only have one instance of OLC running on a NAS. Multiple accounts on one device isn't supported also due to data security compliance issues.

~ Johnny
Message 2 of 4
pszilard
Aspirant

Ok, next questions:

Q1: How do I reset my ReadyNAS Egnyte settings to change the account?

The reason is that I first configured it to use my demo account, but since I've now become a reseller, I closed that 15 day account and want to set the NAS for a real account, but couldn't see anywhere to re-enter account details.
Message 3 of 4
JohnnyEgnyte
Aspirant

Paul,

Since every instance of OLC is linked to an account, just uninstall OLC and reinstall it with your new Egnyte domain account.
If there is existing data in the share folder and you want to start a new dataset, you will have to delete or rename the existing "ELC share". Reinstalling OLC will re-create a new "ELC share" on the ReadyNAS.

Thanks for the excellent questions, it definitely provides a great way to share information among other existing and potential Egnyte users. Feel free to post further questions/suggestions, I'd be more than happy to help :). Although if you have support issues that need immediate attention, you should submit a ticket through our helpdesk (24/7 support). Since you are now a reseller, we've tagged you as priority in our support system (I can also escalate directly to engineering if needed). Just log in to the Egnyte reseller portal to submit a support ticket. But for non-urgent questions or comments, you can keep using this forum, I check pretty often 😎

Cheers!
~ Johnny
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements