× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't install Twonky after factory reset

zaikoski
Aspirant

Can't install Twonky after factory reset

My name is Jim. I'm a new member. I am having difficulty installing Twonky after I had to rebuild my NAS with new disk drives. I have used Twonky since 2009 (I think version 5.x) with no issues. However, after the rebuild I downloaded Twonky 7.0.11 and am trying to install it through Frontview as a new add on (the only add on I will have) and the little install wheel just keeps spinning for hours. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get Twonky installed on my rebuilt to Factory Default Settings ReadyNAS Pro Business edition.

Thanks
Message 1 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can't install Twonky after factory reset

Hi Jim,

Do you have a link to the thread where you found this add-on version?

What version of RAIDiator are you running?

Welcome to the forum!
Message 2 of 4
zaikoski
Aspirant

Thanks for response.
I finally got Twonky up and running but everytime I shut down the NAS and restart I get the message:

The device or resource (192.168.1.5) is not set up to accept connections on port "9000. It looks like Twonky wants to use 9000 but don't know how to let it do so. I'm running a PC with Internet Explorer as Browser and Norton as my firewall.
Message 3 of 4
super_poussin
Virtuoso

if I remember well wonky take time to start and accept connection. Twonky is also very old
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements