× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't link device to Remote ID

khopper
Aspirant

Can't link device to Remote ID

Hi. I have a Pro and an Ultra 4. Both sitting on my home LAN at the moment, but eventually one will be remote. Both working fine. Both have current versions of Remote and Replicate installed.

I have registered the Pro and linked it to my readynas remote id without a hitch. But trying to do the same with the Ultra 4 I get an error message: "ReadyNAS Replicate could not register [my_Remote_id] user. Please check user name and password. If the ReadyNAS is behind an HTTP proxy, please make sure you have entered correct proxy server settings."

I've checked my typing skills several times and am very confident I'm putting in the right password. 😄

What am I missing?

Thanks.

PS I'm using the same Remote ID for both NAS's. Is that right?
Message 1 of 4
khopper
Aspirant

Re: Can't link device to Remote ID & Trial faulty

Just noticed the dates for the 45 day trial are dodgy ... not 45 days, and already expired!

Type: Trial
Valid From: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 21.44.11 GMT
Expiration: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 07:06:24 GMT
Message 2 of 4
khopper
Aspirant

Re: Can't link device to Remote ID

Update:

Netgear are investigating. Looks like a problem with serial numbers of the unit itself. Will post when resolved.
Message 3 of 4
khopper
Aspirant

Re: Can't link device to Remote ID

Replicate is working fine now - thank you Netgear! Serial number on the physical unit didn't match the same in Frontview.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements