× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't see ReadyNAS Duo v2 on the network

neilcoza
Follower

Can't see ReadyNAS Duo v2 on the network

I have a ReadyNASRND2000 with a single 2T drive.

It was working fine, the one day. The next morning it wasn't. The blue power light was flashing slowly. I pressed the power light and held it for I while and the NAS powered down. I the started it up again. Usually this sorts the problem. It didn't this time.

After trying this a couple of times I went to Google for help. He recommended "ReclaiMe File Recovery". I downloaded this and ran it. I could see all my files. Much excitement, tried to download and the software said I had to purchase it for R4000.00 (South African Rands).

A bit much I thought but what else. I had to transfer money to my credit card from an investment account and that takes a couple of days.

While waiting for the money to be transfered I continued with Google. I tried to reset the OS with the paper clip and waiting for the flashing leds on the drives. That initialy didn't work, I still had this slow blue power light flash. I tried a couple of times. I even tried on a different slot for the harddrive. I know that is not a good idea but I was desperate.

Eventually the money came though and I plug the dive back into the Windows machine, ran the software and boom nothing. The software could no longer see the drive.

In desperation I put it back into the NAS, booted again. Now the setup looks good. The blue power light is stable and the hard drive led is on. The hard drive slot that is vacant has the led slowly flashing.

I thought that all was good but I couldn't access the NAS.

I ran an IP scan and the NAS was shown to be dead. I use 10.0.0.3 as it's IP.

I thought that maybe the OS reset had changed the IP so I setup a DHCP on the router. Still nothing.

I have plugged it into different routers, different ports oon 2 different routers. Nothing.

I was copying files to Google drive but that looks like it didn't work as it should. Many files, usually critical ones are missing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Model: RND2000v2 (ReadyNAS Duo v2)|READYNAS DUO v2 (DISKLESS)|EOL
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

It would have been wiser to simply wait for the purchase to come through, and not continue to work on the disk.

Have you tried using RAIDar to see the NAS status? https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads

Also does your NAS say Duo v2 on the front chassis?  Or does it say Duo?

Did you try testing the disk in a Windows PC?  Use Seatools for Seagate disks; Lifeguard for Western Digital.

Message 2 of 3
Sandshark
Sensei

Check the status in RAIDar both with and without your drive loaded, too.  That will help determine if the problem is in the chasis or the OS.  If it shows up with "No disks" as the status, the problmem is in the OS, not the hardware.  If it doesn't show up either way, it's likely the hardware, as it seems you've already checked all possible external causes (router, cable, etc.).

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements