× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot install any app either update on ReadyNAS 10200

hr_sokolow
Aspirant

Cannot install any app either update on ReadyNAS 10200

Hi users and admins!

My ReadyNAS RN10200 is working on 6.10.1 OS-version. I can 't install any apps at the moment. A window appears for uploading the app, then the browser shows the progress bar with the file upload at the bottom, but nothing happens after that. Installation does not occur. The app does not appear in available apps. And accordingly, they are not fulfilled. The program code can't be updated either. What if I go back to the factory settings? Will the structure and files themselves be erased directly on the disks, or will only the device itself be restored, and the disks will not be cleared?

Thanks!

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 8
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Cannot install any app either update on ReadyNAS 10200

Hi hr_sokolow,

Factory reset will restore all settings to default and delete all the data on your disks.

Are you having the same issue when you use other web browsers or other PC?

Regards,

Message 2 of 8
hr_sokolow
Aspirant

Hello John. Thank you very much for reply.

Understood. So, that method doesn't suit me.

I tried it in Edge, Yandex.Browser (on Chrome Engine). Nothing helps.

The OS-version is also couldn't be updated, even when I add the armel-file via browser inside in settings.

On one of other sites i've found the following information, that should help to reinstall the current version. It goes> 1. fully swith off the NAS by button or via web-menu; 2. insert a thin stick for pressing the reset-button on the device; 3. then press the on-button (with still pressed reset-button about 30 seconds), both 2 buttons, until the LEDs on the device lights two times. 4. when you see the second light of LED, than you should take off the stick from the reset-button. 5. after the LED will green the device will be ready for work.... Is that really helpful? Don't you mind if I try this way?

Model: ReadySHARE USB Storage Access|Convert USB storage into network storage
Message 3 of 8
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi hr_sokolow,

OS re-install probably won't help in fixing the issue. 

Can you download the NAS system logs then send it to me? We will check what is causing this. You may provide it by uploading it to a file-sharing site then send to me download link via private message.

Regards,

Message 4 of 8
hr_sokolow
Aspirant

Hello John.

I'd like to send you all logs, but unfortunately I don't kmow how to get it. So, in LOGS in Web-interface when I click "download" opens a new tab in browser, where is shown, that the collecting of logs was failed. Than I downloaded the ARM-App Raidiator 5, unzipped it, and don't know how to install it on PC. My NAS don't want to install anything.

Message 5 of 8
hr_sokolow
Aspirant

In settings I've found an distance support. I have gave the comment, and clicked "accept". It gave me a port-number >>> 57559. What shall I do with it? I also fell free to give you an access via f.e. team viewer. My email is >>> hr.sokolow@gmail.com. Please, send me a message, if you can help me. It would be bery grateful. Thanks.

Message 6 of 8
hr_sokolow
Aspirant

Successfully completed diagnostics
System
Disk 1 has 1 Command Timeouts
Volume root is 100.00% full
Logs
No errors found.

Message 7 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@hr_sokolow wrote:

Volume root is 100.00% full

That's your problem.  Options are to

1. use paid support to fix it
  2. do a factory reset, rebuild the NAS and restore the files from backup
  3. attempt to fix it yourself with ssh

With any option, begin by making a full backup.  Don't delay - your data is at risk.

What apps are you running?

@hr_sokolow wrote:

Disk 1 has 1 Command Timeouts

This is also worth watching.  Perhaps try testing the disk with vendor tools in a Windows PC (Seatools for Seagate, Lifeguard for Western Digital) after you resolve the big problem.

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements