× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Error: ReadyNAS Replicate could not register Duo

replicant
Aspirant

Error: ReadyNAS Replicate could not register Duo

Happy Thanksgiving, all!

We have two ReadyNAS Pro 4 and a Duo v.2 registered to our Remote ID.  The Duo had to be reset to factory default and Replicate 1.2.1 was re-installed.  I also removed it and its job from the replicate.readynas.com site.  Now I'm trying to re-register it there, but get this error message: ReadyNAS Replicate could not register user...  Remote ID and password work for login at replicate.readynas.com, and the Duo seems have proper Internet access (for example, it can check firmware availability). 

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Did a license key have to be entered for your Duo v2 when you went to re-register it?

Message 2 of 8
replicant
Aspirant

No.  If that was the issue, shouldn't I have encountered a trial subscription offer?

Message 3 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello replicant,

Welcome to the community!

The ReadyNAS Replicate is free and does not require license key if you are using ReadyNAS OS6 and OS5.3 unit.

What is the current firmware version of your Duo v2?

Can you please try registering a different account then remove it then register the old one you have been using.

Regards,

Message 4 of 8
replicant
Aspirant

Firmware is 5.3.11

I created a different account (temptemp) but got the same 'could not register' error message.

The unit sends mail test messages and checks firmware upgrade availability, so network settings seem OK.

What else may I try?

Message 5 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello replicant,

Have you tried on a different web browser and clearing cache?

Also please check if the ReadyNAS is really getting on the Internet.

Regards,

Message 6 of 8
replicant
Aspirant

Thanks so much for your help over Thanksgiving, JennC !

As you implied, the ability to send test mails and upgrade firmware online are not sufficient to register the device to Replicate: the Remote Access slider must be set to ON. 

My apologies for not carefully RTFM...  In view of the dedicated support you & your colleagues have been providing for our three units over the years, we should soon move our production system to a new 516 or 716.

Best,

🙂 replicant

Message 7 of 8
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi replicant,

It looks like everything's been taken care off.  Also a big thanks that you've considered upgrading your storage devices with a 6 bay unit (RN516 or RN716).

Let us know if you have other questions.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements