× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do i make RNDP4000 on 4.2.31 firmware visible outside my network to selected users

alanclyne
Follower

How do i make RNDP4000 on 4.2.31 firmware visible outside my network to selected users

Can anybody help me? i would like to access my RNDP4000 with 12Tb storage, running firmware 4.2.31available outside my network to windows or Mac devices for selected users.  if i log into my Ready Cloud account i am not able to see my device, i can only access it through RAIDar within my network.  

I have limited IT knowledge, can anbody give instructions on what i need to do?

thanks

Alan 

Model: RNDP4000 (ReadyNAS Pro 4)|ReadyNAS® Pro 4 System Diskless|EOL
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: How do i make RNDP4000 on 4.2.31 firmware visible outside my network to selected users

@alanclyne

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately ReadyCloud is not available with Pro 4 running on OS4. You can use VPN connection to let your users access the NAS outside the local network or upgrade your Pro 4 to OS 6.

Note that Upgrading to OS 6 is not supported by NETGEAR. Community will be able to help in that case.

This thread has the instructions if you plan to go that way

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/Lost-contact-with-NAS-after-upgradi...

HTH

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: How do i make RNDP4000 on 4.2.31 firmware visible outside my network to selected users

@alanclyne

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately ReadyCloud is not available with Pro 4 running on OS4. You can use VPN connection to let your users access the NAS outside the local network or upgrade your Pro 4 to OS 6.

Note that Upgrading to OS 6 is not supported by NETGEAR. Community will be able to help in that case.

This thread has the instructions if you plan to go that way

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/Lost-contact-with-NAS-after-upgradi...

HTH

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements