× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to completely remove the ReadyNAS Remote and leafp2p

vspb
Aspirant

How to completely remove the ReadyNAS Remote and leafp2p?

When you delete an add-on ReadyNAS Remote are running services leafp2p and permanently occupy 2% CPU.

I'm not going to use the ReadyNAS Remote and I want to kill them. How can I do?
Message 1 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

leafp2p is needed for ReadyNAS Replicate not just ReadyNAS Remote. You care enough about that CPU usage to disable leafp2p? There are some boot scripts for leafp2p you can find in /etc/init.d and /etc/rc2.d/

I don't know if it's safe to remove these scripts (or replace them with empty files) or not.
Message 2 of 8
pywong
Aspirant

I think Netgear should have an option to disable learp2p because it opens one or two connections to some server over https.
Which maybe a security concern for some users.
Message 3 of 8
jck_co_im
Aspirant

It goes when you do a factory reset on the Nas, in the meantime I blocked the IP's on the router.
Message 4 of 8
jck_co_im
Aspirant

install root ssh add-on to readynas, download putty for the windows workstation, connect to readynas with root(username) and password(frontview/admin)
use command;

to disable =

sudo chmod -x /etc/init.d/leafp2p

to re-enable =

sudo chmod +x /etc/init.d/leafp2p

exit the ssh window,re-boot the device

that will stop it loading when the readynas starstup. (Obviously with root access, Netgear will deny support for any problems related)

due to a new firewall, web monitoring setup, i had to find get it disabled to stop the logs getting choked up
Message 5 of 8
chirpa
Luminary

jck_co_im wrote:
(Obviously with root access, Netgear will deny support for any problems related)
Not true. If it is proved that someone broke stuff via SSH, sure. We can't be held responsible for someone breaking the RAID, then calling us for help to fix it. But simple tasks like this would not be an issue for support to help for warranty issues and other setup questions.
Message 6 of 8
monneym
Aspirant

I recently had an issue with filled up system disk. It was due to 

ReadyNAS_Remote.log and LeafP2P.log file. They were both giga bytes in size all filled with 

Parsing config

Error parsing config

Error starting application -5

Start state -1

Parsing config

Service not started

Error starting application -2

Start state 2

I need to get a handle on how to control this, at least I need to redirect the output to /dev/null instead of the log file so my system fs doesn't filll up.

Message 7 of 8
StephenB
Guru

One possibility is that your NAS isn't set up to access the internet.  For instance, it might have a misconfigured static IP addres or be missing a DNS server.

If you aren't using ReadyNAS remote, you can turn it off.  That should eliminate the log messages.

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements