× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to install NZBGET?

Cabamaru
Aspirant

Re: How to install NZBGET?

MichaelR64 wrote:
didn't really look into these files you listed here.
i followed exactly the steps listed here.
turned out my only problem was the line-endingns in the config file.
That doesn't show up if you paste it here, you'll have to look in the files yourself.
See if it has CR or CR/LF endings.
Open them with a editor that allows you to show the endings.
If they are not Unix style you will get the errors you mentioned.

I just checked using notepad++. All the lines have "LF" at the end. Is that the problem?
Message 26 of 35
MichaelR64
Aspirant

thats funny: nzbget.conf has all cr/lf but unpak.sh has all lf.
But it still works...
Can't help you really i guess.
I know for sure this was my problem, after i saved it correct, it started working.
Message 27 of 35
ourdave
Aspirant

I've been reading these thread updates with a mixture of funny and frustrating in equal measure.

I love the readynas duo. It's fantastic for streaming my music and videos and for keeping my pictures safe and instantly backed up on another hard drive.
But the extras should just work - they shouldn't need linux skills, and debates about which notepad, and pages and page of conf files.
There should be a file you add, a gui you run, some parameters to put in your server info and you should be away.

Netgear have done so well with this, but it fails to deliver everything it says on the tin.
I can't access mine remotely for streaming.
I can't access it remotely and securely for FTP.
I can't work out how to do file level permissions so I can have my readynas acting as my families backup drive - and let them stream movies/music.
It won't act as a mail server.
It won't act as a download server.

In short, I'm going to end up building a server that can do those things - which is a shame, because the readynas is nearly there. And probably a few months of netgear's programmers finishing the job off and it'd do everything I'd want - and probably most people want.
Message 28 of 35
Cabamaru
Aspirant

MichaelR64 wrote:
thats funny: nzbget.conf has all cr/lf but unpak.sh has all lf.
But it still works...
Can't help you really i guess.
I know for sure this was my problem, after i saved it correct, it started working.

I got it working after all. Copied the code again from another thread, found two lines which were wrongfully set as comments corrected them and now it works great.
I can even watch a movie at the same time as the NAS donwloads another.
Thanks a lot for your help.

I agree with the previous poster, this NAS is not easy to set up unless you are happy to only use the very basic functionality.
Message 29 of 35
InTheShires
Tutor

HELP!

I have a couple of issues.

I recently updated my Duo firmware to 4.17, and took the opportunity to clean up my NAS at the same time, so I also formatted the disks so that everything was as new again and all my old junk was gone forever. I backed up my old "addon-config" and "webroot" folders and files prior to formatting so I could just put them back afterwards. (And edit if necessary)

OK, that's the background info out the way.

I've installed the NZBGET and instead of using the default directory, I decided to create my own and then edited my backed up versions of the NZBGET files in "Addons-Config" and "Webroot" with my new download location, while keeping all my other previous nzbt settings the same. (Port, username, pass, etc)

However now NZBGET' won't work. I was getting an error about a line being wrong in config file, which I corrected and the error message went away. However when an NZB file is added via the web browser portal, it doesn't "take" the file, and my NZB server stays as "Sleeping" However, if I add the file manually to the NZB folder, everything appears to download as normal. (Currently running ok at the moment.)

My router is still configured the same as when it was working.

I used Metapad to edit the files. The directory's are created and ready for NZBGET to use. Basically all I have done is changed from the default "media" directory to a "Downloads" directory. Nothing more. I have edited the lines that previously said "media/nzb/etc" to downloads/nzb/etc.

Suggestions welcome please!

PHP 1.3 installed. Everything worked on old firmware when I was using the previous default settings.
Message 30 of 35
InTheShires
Tutor

Hi, me again! llol

Finally got most niggles sorted out now. But I'm still stuck with just one more that I just can't spot, for whatever reason.

I have re-jigged the download locations of my NZB folders, and all are working fine now, after editing the files accordingly.

My issue is still that I can't upload any NZB files via the web interface. As soon as I click upload I get a white page appear, with I what I think is a php config error, but it disappears so fast it is impossible to read any of the text it might be showing. It then just goes back to the web interface "home" page. (The error page that is literally gone in the blink of an eye, is, like I say a white background, with some black text and I'm pretty sure some blue text.)

The end result means no NZB files can be uploaded via a (any) browser, but if I add the files to the NZB dir' on the NAS, then the files download as per normal.

I'm assuming I've missed something fairly vital to this while editing the conf file, and the file in webroot.

Please, any clues as to what I should be looking at? I've gone through my previous backups of my addons-config and webroot folders, but I can't see anything obvious.

Thanks.
Message 31 of 35
InTheShires
Tutor

Please just a vague idea of where I need to look, I've gone through things over and over and I just cannot spot the section that I need to edit.

(Sorry for the bump BTW)
Message 32 of 35
MetalRush
Aspirant

I followed the steps of 'lchapuis' and 'kid buu' and it is running flawlessly.
Even after a reinstall (had to swap my 1TB for 2x 2TB disks).
Thanks a lot !
Message 33 of 35
hilgie
Aspirant

When I want to install the PHP v1.3 from:
- frontview -> system -> update -> local
or
- frontview -> Add-ons -> Add new

I get the following message:

Update file is not valid for this architecture.

Any idea?

Cheers, Danny

Have a readynas ultra4
Message 34 of 35
InTheShires
Tutor

hilgie wrote:
When I want to install the PHP v1.3 from:
- frontview -> system -> update -> local
or
- frontview -> Add-ons -> Add new

I get the following message:

Update file is not valid for this architecture.

Any idea?

Cheers, Danny

Have a readynas ultra4

I think you need PHP1.4 for the x86 and Pro models

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=21743&p=254608&hilit=PHP#p254608

But I'm sure others can confirm for certainty. I only have a Sparc unit.
Message 35 of 35
Discussion stats
  • 34 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 14 in conversation
Announcements