× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to move drives from ReadyNAS to my PC

Till16
Follower

How to move drives from ReadyNAS to my PC

A while back I replaced the two 3TB drives in my ReadyNAS 102. There was nothing wrong with them, I just needed bigger drives.  Today I went to install them in a media server and while the Windows 10 PC is seeing them in the BIOS, Disk Management does not see both of them. I've played around with the SATA cables and the ports on te motherboard.  When I have one specific drive hooked up it shows up in Disk Management.  No matter how the second drive is connected it doesn't show up in Windows.

Is there some trick to remove these from X-RAID so they can act as two separate drives again?

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: How to move drives from ReadyNAS to my PC

@Till16 wrote:

Is there some trick to remove these from X-RAID so they can act as two separate drives again?

No, they have always been separate drives.  The NAS simply wrote to them in parallel. You can try formatting the one that does show up.

I am guessing the other drive has failed. You could try powering up the NAS with just that drive in place, and see if it boots.  The NAS won't have a data volume, but if the OS is intact it should boot.  Label the drives by slot as you remove them if you try that.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements