× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Install Plex Media Servor for ReadyNas Duo RND2110 v2

Gade1904
Follower

Install Plex Media Servor for ReadyNas Duo RND2110 v2

Hey Everyone

I try to install Plex Media Server on my ReadyNas Duo RND2110v2. I can see i need this BIN file plexmediaserver-0.9.16.6.1993-5089475-arm.bin and its not easy to get...
Is there another solution to install Plex on my NAS or is there someone there have the BIN file.

Best Regreats
Max

Model: ReadyNASRND2110v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2 1TB (1 X 1TB Desktop)
Message 1 of 4
Groodles
Aspirant

Re: Install Plex Media Servor for ReadyNas Duo RND2110 v2

I'm sure you have a valid reason for wanting to install a very old version of Plex on your ReadyNAS.

However, if you'd like to try something more up to date Plex has downloads for Netgear ReadyNAS on their website.

Message 2 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@Groodles wrote:

I'm sure you have a valid reason for wanting to install a very old version of Plex on your ReadyNAS.

The reason is simple - plex stopped supporting the OS 4.2 and OS 5 ReadyNAS quite a while ago.  The download link in your post has binaries for the OS 6 NAS, but not the older ones.

The version @Gade1904 is looking for is the most recent version that Plex built for his particular model.

Message 3 of 4
DoveOscarSK
Aspirant

You're right that file is very, very hard to find: I wanted it for my NV+ V2, which is the same as the Duo but with 4 bays. A long time ago another user hopefully set up a dropbox to load this exact file into, which was empty until today.

But today, I found the file 🙂 and uploaded it, together with a number of earlier versions. So it's not empty any more.

The URL is:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WjgnSq17cyc9eVGAFvctz11SvK0dVySm?usp=sharing

You will find it there and I hope it's useful.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements