× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Kick-off problems

pszilard
Aspirant

Kick-off problems

I just opened an eval account on Egnyte, then installed the iOS Apps on my iPhone 4 and iPad2.

I also have a ReadyNAS PRO with firmware 4.2.17 and 1GB ram.

On the iPad2 I can log in to my Egnyte account.
On the web browser I can log in to my Egnyte account
Not so on the iPhone 4, or on the ReadyNAS Pro - which does have the Egnyte add-on installed and enabled. Both of these are rejected.

On the web browser, I have logged out then back in just to ensure that I have the right ID/Password, but still no go on the phone or the NAS.

Any suggestions???
Message 1 of 9
JohnnyEgnyte
Aspirant

Re: Kick-off problems

Hi pszilard,

For log in not working from the ReadyNAS, check to see if OLC is enabled under the account settings. Just go into Settings and enable Office Local Cloud (see attached image). If this doesn't do the trick, then please message me with your domain name and I'll have engineering look into it.

For the iPhone, that could be an iPhone problem, especially since it works on your iPad. I use iPhone 4 as well and I just checked my app and it was working fine. Sometimes there's a problem with iPhone's having multiple apps open at the same time. I suggest to restart your phone and try again. Let me know if that worked.

Hope that helps 🙂
~ Johnny
Message 2 of 9
pszilard
Aspirant

Thank you for your response. All is well now.

The iPhone came good by itself!

I had the Egnyte Help Desk person fix up the NAS in exactly the same way as described in the previous post by JohnyEgnyte.

I am pleased with the service and have signed up as an Egnyte reseller and will start promoting/selling this service. Combined with the ReadyNAS local mirror and iOS access, I think this is an excellent offering.
Message 3 of 9
JohnnyEgnyte
Aspirant

I'm glad we could help, and even more glad to have you on board as a reseller! We have an excellent reseller program and support team.
Let me know if you have any further questions, I'd be more than happy to help or point you in the right direction.

Cheers!
~ Johnny
Message 4 of 9
pszilard
Aspirant

Thnx Johnny. You work for Egnyte? If so +1 for participating here!

I need to investigate how to configure the NAS settings to only replicate selected folders - I am expecting this to be an easy thing to do. For security, I do not want the client's entire IP to be on 1 physical device in case of theft.

Also feedback: the "Live Demo" that I need to watch is only available at 11:30am PST, which means I have to watch it at 4:30am here in Sydney!!! Can I suggest that either they schedule one session at 4pm PST (= 9am Sydney) or allow us to vew a recorded version at any time.

All the best...
Message 5 of 9
JohnnyEgnyte
Aspirant

Yes, I do work at Egnyte, I am the Egnyte rep for the ReadyNAS community 🙂

I contacted the reseller department, you should be getting a welcome email from them soon. They can take care of any reseller questions/support topics you have. I also personally put in a request to get one of our demo support guys to provide you with a 4pm demo session. I'll keep you informed of the dates we can get that scheduled.

~ Johnny
Message 6 of 9
pszilard
Aspirant

As an unbiased independent NAS user/reseller, I can say that I am MOST impressed with the Egnyte offering. I got up at 4am today to attend the webinar and the system is feature rich and mature.

Its success for me will depend on its reliability and availability, but I think both will be fine.

I have one question, but will put that in a new thread.

+1 Cheers guys!
Message 7 of 9
JohnnyEgnyte
Aspirant

Paul,

Kyle, who was running the live demo this morning informed me that you were part of the meeting and asked a few questions. Glad you could make it, hope you didn't have to go through too many cups of coffee to get up that early :wink:

~ Johnny
Message 8 of 9
pszilard
Aspirant

:rofl:
Just a double cappuccino! We have an Italian espresso machine that makes great coffee!

Really enjoyed the demo. Egnyte looks like a very capable product.
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements