× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Legacy Readynas Surveillance - Where can I find it?

mdutton
Aspirant

Legacy Readynas Surveillance - Where can I find it?

I factory defaulted my RN716 to start with fresh disks, but now the original Surveillance app that was there and which I have purchased licences for, is no longer available. This is the version that predates the Milestone app. Is there somewhere I can download this from? This always worked perfectly for me and I would like to continue to use my licenced product.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
mdutton
Aspirant

Re: Legacy Readynas Surveillance - Where can I find it?

Thanks Stephen. 

That file had a million dependency errors. However, I tried apt-get install surveillance and got version 1.4.3-18. It works.

Thanks for the pointer though. It headed me in the right direction.

Mark

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Not sure if this is the final version, but this download link still works: http://apt.readynas.com/packages/readynasos/dists/apps/pool/s/surveillance/surveillance_1.4.3-15_amd...

Message 2 of 6
mdutton
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen. 

That file had a million dependency errors. However, I tried apt-get install surveillance and got version 1.4.3-18. It works.

Thanks for the pointer though. It headed me in the right direction.

Mark

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@mdutton wrote:

I tried apt-get install surveillance and got version 1.4.3-18. It works.

Good to know, as I think some others will likely need this. 

Netgear really should host this somewhere, with a prominent note that it needs a license that is no longer offered.

@Marc_V: any reason it couldn't be added to the downloads here: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RNNVR01L-1000S.aspx#download

Message 4 of 6
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@StephenB @mdutton

The App was remove since it was replaced by Milestone Arcus after it was EOL last Sept 2017 but Milestone also ended last July 2018

https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Storage-Apps-Current/ReadyNAS-Surveillance-and-Milestone-A...

I think they have not added it anymore since it's EOL. But still available on the repo. I don't think they have plans on putting it back for download since no update was made to it so security vulnerabilities are there already.

HTH

Regards

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@Marc_V wrote:

I think they have not added it anymore since it's EOL. But still available on the repo.

Well, sometimes people who paid for the license do need to reinstall it.  It'd be best if they didn't need to run ssh to do that.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements