× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Login to admin stopped after ip change

islander12A
Aspirant

Login to admin stopped after ip change

I have had my ReadyNAS Ultra 4 set to a fixed ip adress, but after. getting a new net provider and new router something happened and the nas ow has a different ip adress. This is ok for file access, no problems there, but I can no longer log into the admin area. I get to the id and passwd area, but no data will log me in.Tried restarting the nas, logging in with an older browser, tried "netgear1" for password, but nothing happens. Does somebody have a solution?

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Login to admin stopped after ip change

@islander12A wrote:

So something shifted it back to use DHCP.

The next step would be to do an OS reinstall.  Instructions are on pages 21-22 here: https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RNDU2000/ReadyNAS_Ultra_UltraPlus_NVX_Pro_HW_en_8July11....

This will

• reset your admin password back to netgear1
  • set your network config to factory defaults (DHCP, no bonding) - which looks like what you have already.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Was the IP address configured in the NAS ("static"), or was it configured in your old router ("reserved")?

If it was static, how did you change the address?

Is the NAS running 4.2.x firmware, or did you convert it to run OS 6?

Message 2 of 11
islander12A
Aspirant

The IP address was configured in the nas software, in the admin controlled settings there is a form where it can be done. Can't remember exactly where, but it has worked through a couple of years. And also with the new router, up to a couple of months ago.

I didn't change the address, when I tried to find out why I couldn't log in I discovered that the nas had a new IP address. Rebooting didn't change that.

The nas runs software version 4.2.31

Message 3 of 11
Sandshark
Sensei

What error message are you seeing?

If you can get to the files and not the admin interface, it may be because you previously set up a security exception for the old IP address and the NAS's self-signed SSL certificate.  You would now have to accept the security warning if you get one, or lower your browser security level if you don't.

Or, it may be that you've run into the issue with TLS1.0 that you just now noticed because it's the first time you went to the admin interface since most browsers disabled it.  There are multiple threads in the forum about that.

Message 4 of 11
islander12A
Aspirant

I have considered both of these problems. Yes, I have lowered the browser's security, and I have also accessed the login page with an old Firefox browser. I get to the login screen but my id and password are not accepted. 

Message 5 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@islander12A wrote:

The IP address was configured in the nas software, in the admin controlled settings there is a form where it can be done. Can't remember exactly where, but it has worked through a couple of years. And also with the new router, up to a couple of months ago.

I didn't change the address, when I tried to find out why I couldn't log in I discovered that the nas had a new IP address. Rebooting didn't change that.

The nas runs software version 4.2.31

What IP address is it using now?

Message 6 of 11
islander12A
Aspirant

Message 7 of 11
islander12A
Aspirant

Actually, now I realize that I can't access my files either. The nas is now closed to me. 

Message 8 of 11
islander12A
Aspirant

Sorry about that last remark. Restarting the nas gave me access to the files.

Message 9 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@islander12A wrote:

So something shifted it back to use DHCP.

The next step would be to do an OS reinstall.  Instructions are on pages 21-22 here: https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RNDU2000/ReadyNAS_Ultra_UltraPlus_NVX_Pro_HW_en_8July11....

This will

• reset your admin password back to netgear1
  • set your network config to factory defaults (DHCP, no bonding) - which looks like what you have already.

Message 10 of 11
islander12A
Aspirant

Yes I just did that and I'm back as admin. Thanks for your support!

Message 11 of 11
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements