× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can not find the files download by Mldonkey on NV+ [upda

Jemini
Aspirant

Mldonkey's dir problem on NV+ [updated]

Hi all,

I'm about to ask for help about mldonkey on NV+.I can not find the Mldonkey download file from it's directory (media/Mldonekey). There is only one sub-directory here: .mldonkey, the other ones which are supprosed to be here is nothing!

Here is my readynas's situations:
DAIDiator:4.1.8
Mldonkey: 3.0.1(default settings, default incoming directory is media/Mldonkey/incoming/files)
shares: media ( was deleted by me 1 year ago and this one is automatically after the installation of mldonkey, the default permission setting is : share folder owner:root, share group owner:root, share folder owner right is read/write(gray,not changeable),share folder group rights and everyone right are read/write as well.)

Mldonkey worked well according to the management interface. I tryied to input a http URL to download a file from web server, mldonkey accepted it and finished it very quickly. In the upload tab, I find this:

Session: 0 uploaded | Shared(1): 4.8M
Reqs Total UPRatio P Filename Stats Publ Status
0 0 0.0 P FullSetup.exe T1 T2 B 3 c/media/Mldonkey/incoming/files

I could download this file when clicked the "P"(preview) link.(That meas the file was downloaded stored in the NAS successfully).
I tried to click the Status filed(c/media/Mldonkey/incoming/files), it jump to an error notice:

Exception opendir failed on c/media/Mldonkey/incoming/files: No such file or directory

Did I forget to commit download files? No. it didn't help. So did the "reshare" neither.
At the same time, there are no incoming directory in media/Mldonkey except only one configuration directory left there (media/.mldonkey/).

I trid to reinstall mldoney, reinstall RAIDiator but this problem repeated again and again. Could anybody kindly to tell me how to solve it? Thanks.
Message 1 of 3
Jemini
Aspirant

Re: Can not find the files download by Mldonkey on NV+

I'm afraid I've found the point.

Today I tried to delete the media share and rebooted NV+. I can still find the /media share in the ftp directory list even this share was successfully deleted(I've got the notice message by readynas). There is only one folders there: Mldonley. To verify this directory is accessible or not, I installed Transsmission because it would use the same share (/media). Transmission reported an error(it just said "an error") but it was functional indeed.

So I go back to the ftp client to check the changes to the share of /media. Wowo!!! nothing changed there!

Here come to the conclusion:
the share(/media) I can see is just a zombie , it was created by an addon installation process but not successfully removed during uninstall. This share was not used by the addons installed later that the prior one, they might creat another invisible directory as their working space since mldokey and transmission are functional to download files.

So I guess the way to solve it is:
1.manually remove the current, zombie share
2.relink to invisible working space to media

Can anybody help me? I didn't have sshroot installed, I rely on Frontview to do everything by now.
Message 2 of 3
Jemini
Aspirant

Re: Can not find the files download by Mldonkey on NV+ [upda

Here some useful information from the "sysinfo" tab of Mldonkey

/c/media/Mldonkey/incoming	shared (incoming_directories)	2.49T	1.07T	30%	ext2/3
/c/media/Mldonkey/incoming/files shared (incoming_files) 2.49T 1.07T 30% ext2/3
/c/media/Mldonkey/shared shared (all_files) 2.49T 1.07T 30% ext2/3
/c/media/Mldonkey/temp temp/downloading 2.49T 1.07T 30% ext2/3
/media/Mldonkey/.mldonkey core/ini files 449.7M 1.50G 77% ext2/3
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!!!

incoming/directories shared (incoming_directories) 449.7M 1.50G 77% ext2/3
incoming/files shared (incoming_files) 449.7M 1.50G 77% ext2/3
mlnet_tmp $MLDONKEY_TEMP 449.7M 1.50G 77% ext2/3
shared shared (all_files) 449.7M 1.50G 77% ext2/3

You notice that the share of "media" I found in my 1st post is (/media/Mldonkey) which is not (c/media/Mldonkey), that's why I can not see the directories of Transmission and Mldonkey while it is an ini file directory, anyway.

So, it it the common problem? How to recovery the real media share? Thanks
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements