× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Transmission 2.77 add-on for ReadyNAS Duo (sparc)

tarobun
Tutor

New Transmission 2.84 add-on for ReadyNAS Duo/NV+ (sparc)

This is a newly compiled version for the Duo straight from source. It has been configured with "--disable-nls --enable-lightweight --enable-utp" and the default web interface port of 9091.

If it doesn't work after installation, try rebooting.

Not sure if it can be install over the top of super-poussin's version, but if you are planning on uninstalling super-poussin's version then remember to save the torrent files somewhere else first.

To quote myself:
tarobun wrote:
It looks like upgrading from Transmission 2.42 to this Transmission add-on is a no-no. Sounds like there are conflicting configuration that screws up both installs. 😞 (eg. /c/addons-config)

It seems the best approach is to fully uninstall the old, delete the config directory, and then install this add-on. Once you're on this add-on, updating is straightforward and can be done over the existing version.

Just a fyi - the default download dir is /var/local/Downloads and there is no username and password with this add-on. If you are prompted for them then the old version was not fully uninstalled.

Thanks to super-poussin for the original Transmission add-ons.

Enjoy!

Transmission_2.73.bin - http://www.mediafire.com/?ajpyyc7ujv54o37 no-utp
Transmission_2.75.bin - http://www.mediafire.com/?gbmbhu3hrabf9fe
Transmission_2.76.bin - http://www.mediafire.com/?389i53w9w9rtosm
Transmission_2.77.bin - http://www.mediafire.com/?pm420vuajaim9bz
Transmission_2.80.bin* - http://www.mediafire.com/?5s7dag8ko72doj1
Transmission_2.81.bin* - http://www.mediafire.com/?x4pvvidrgb36df2
Transmission_2.82.bin* - http://www.mediafire.com/?rbctsdae000zoav
Transmission_2.83.bin* - http://www.mediafire.com/?31iul25i0t12qda
Transmission_2.84.bin* - http://www.mediafire.com/?rh5fge4mc8ahzw4

*if the "Upload" button doesn't work or the "Destination folder" field is blank, reload the webpage.
Message 1 of 160
Kralnor
Aspirant

Re: New Transmission 2.73 add-on for ReadyNAS Duo

I was running Transmission 2.42 before, but updating to RAIDiator 4.1.10 broke it. This version seems to work for me.

Thanks!
Message 2 of 160
VirtualMe1
Aspirant

Same for me, it works now. Thanks!
Message 3 of 160
shaggys
Aspirant

Hi
How does one change the owner of the downloaded files?
I want everyone to be able to remove/move the finsihed torrents.

Thanks in advance

//Lasse
Message 4 of 160
edmundwatson
Aspirant

Can I ask out of interest why you have disabled utp? Is there a missing lib on the NAS?

Thanks
Message 5 of 160
JarnoG
Guide

@shaggys: in the settings.json file, there is an option named "umask", set it to 0 and the downloaded files will be read/writable for everyone.

@edmundwatson: Transmission is quite hard on the system resources of the Duo. If options like utp, pex, etc are turned on, it will most likely crash after a while due to this. If you require utp, you can try turning it on and see if Transmission keeps running. You sig says you've upgraded the memory in your Duo, so you should be able to turn a few more features on.
Message 6 of 160
tarobun
Tutor

edmundwatson wrote:
Can I ask out of interest why you have disabled utp? Is there a missing lib on the NAS?

2 reasons - First is that utp requires additional lib to be compiled/linked and since this is my first addon, I just wanted a simple and clean compile. The second reason is, as JarnoG mentioned, that the Duo has limited memory and cpu and I wasn't keen on it being overly taxed.
Message 7 of 160
edmundwatson
Aspirant

Ok cool.

I general have to clear out a lot of torrents when running super-poussin otherwise the cpu get stautared and nothing download

Again out of interest tarobun are you compiling on the ReadyNas itself/ cross compiling / or in a VM?

I could compile it myself and see how addded UTP effects things. It must make some to downloading?

Thanks
Message 8 of 160
tarobun
Tutor

On the ReadyNAS itself.
Message 9 of 160
tarobun
Tutor

Re: New Transmission 2.75 add-on for ReadyNAS Duo (sparc)

Updated to version 2.75 (with utp).
Message 10 of 160
tarobun
Tutor

Re: New Transmission 2.76 add-on for ReadyNAS Duo (sparc)

Updated to version 2.76 (with utp).
Message 11 of 160
metosx
Aspirant

Hi and thanks for this release.

So far, no pbms installing it "over the top" of super-poussin's one.
After the installation, I stopped it copy all files from /addons-config/Transmission/transmission-daemon to /addons-config/Transmission then restart.
I get back all settings from previous installation (2.42 by super-poussin).

Otherwise, you stay on port 9091 and download incomplete data to /var/local/Download which is a none writable destination.

Thx again for this add-on.
Message 12 of 160
Trukhin
Aspirant

Hmm... Build size reduced from ~20 MB to ~2MB (2.42 -> 2.76)?
Message 13 of 160
tarobun
Tutor

Yep, that's the file size with all debug symbols stripped.
Message 14 of 160
tarobun
Tutor

Updated to version 2.77

Changes:
All Platforms
Fix 2.75 regression that broke JSON parsing of real numbers in locales that don't use '.' as a decimal separator
Don't invalidate the OS's file cache when closing files
Fix overflow error when setting speed limits above ~8589 kB/s
Generated magnet links didn't include webseeds
Fix minor memory leaks when using webseeds

Daemon
Fix documentation errors in the spec and manpages

Web Client
Fix minor DOM leak
Message 15 of 160
Mr_B
Guide

Just removed super-poussin's 2.42, updated the NV+ firmware to 4.1.10, and installed your 2.77 transmission client. Took me a bit of fiddling to get the download directory and stuff where i wanted it, but that was more on me, then on your piece of kit. So far it looks good, but it will be a while before i can have an opinion on the upload performance. Thank you for your time and effort.
B!
Message 16 of 160
DiWa
Aspirant

Hi tarobun,

You provide exactly what I was looking for since super-poussin's Duo crashed.

just installed your 2.77 on top of super-poussin's 2.42. Some slight changes:
* json is not at the same place, just moved my existing one. As stated by metosx.
* didn't read "... then remember to save the torrent files somewhere else first." so I lost them, but not a big deal.
Reboot, now it's working fine

some few questions now:
* In your next versions will their be an upgrade process, or the new install will override everything (I'm concerned with settings.json 😉 )?
* How can we disable the web interface? I guess it'll be a bit less CPU consumed. I use transmission-remote instead.

Thanks a lot for your very good work.
Message 17 of 160
Mr_B
Guide

DiWa wrote:
* How can we disable the web interface? I guess it'll be a bit less CPU consumed. I use transmission-remote instead.
Just don't use it, and it shouldn't affect performance. Admittedly tho, it's just a guess.
B!
Message 18 of 160
tarobun
Tutor

DiWa wrote:

some few questions now:
* In your next versions will their be an upgrade process, or the new install will override everything (I'm concerned with settings.json 😉 )?

* New versions will upgrade existing install so settings.json will not be lost. I've been upgrading since the first version so can say this works 🙂
* Not sure about disabling the web interface... Looks like no - "same web server that responds to RPC commands also serves the html/jpg/js/css files for the web server".
Message 19 of 160
pugilares
Aspirant

Re: New Transmission 2.77 add-on for ReadyNAS Duo/NV+ (sparc

Hello guys, it's nice to hear that Transmission for SPARC ReadyNAS is goning on 🙂

I still have 2.42 on my Duo and I think I'll be going towards 2.77.

Just one question - is transmission-create present there in 2.77?
In 2.42. there is.
Message 20 of 160
tarobun
Tutor

pugilares wrote:

Just one question - is transmission-create present there in 2.77?
In 2.42. there is.

Transmission-create is present in 2.77, but there is no web interface to it like in 2.42.
Message 21 of 160
Mr_B
Guide

just a thought. It might be time to include info such as default user, and passwords, the info is buried in older threads, where new users wont find them if / when they look for them. And i can t for the life of me remember what they are, or i would have put it here. It should be in the first post really...
B!
Message 22 of 160
cachi
Aspirant

Hi,

I've received a ReadyNAS NV+ v1 this week by a friend as a present, it's an used unit, but it looks as a new one 🙂 I've installed 4.1.11 and Transmission 2.77 on it.

I don't know so much about this unit, but something is going wrong with this add-on. I've modified rpc-username and rpc-password, and enabled rpc-authentication, as you can see in the following capture.

With this settings, that have been modified through Apple Terminal through SSH, there's no way to log in Web Interface 😞 So I decided to disable authentication...

In other hand is that it's downloading very very very slow... there's any hide setting or something weird that must be changed??

Thanks!!!!!
Message 23 of 160
Mr_B
Guide

Define very slow? This isn't a very fast unit.
Also, check your memory requirements, and if you got upgraded memory in your box or if it's the stock 256MB.
B!
Message 24 of 160
cachi
Aspirant

When I say very slow I mean the downloading connection. I've a laptop which I only use for downloading. It's connected to the router through wireless connection and the download speed is 900-1200kb/s. The NAS is downloading only up to 400kb/s connected through wired ethernet... 😞

It has only 256MB, I've bought 1GB but I'm still waiting the shipment.

Where can I check the memory requirements??

Thanks for your reply!!!!! 🙂
Message 25 of 160
Discussion stats
Announcements