× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Transmission add-on thread

super_poussin
Virtuoso

will check the binaries 🙂
Message 301 of 921
veehexx
Aspirant

that might be my issues too, SP.
read only permissions when i should be RW.

just a guess though! i've seen some permissions reset themselves as transmission starts/stops, so even if you manually set permissions, they get re-written as transmission starts/stops.
god knows which ones they are though.
Message 302 of 921
veehexx
Aspirant

i know you've been working hard on that utorrent addon for x86 (and something i've been following with interest), any idea when you may be able to spend time on transmission for us?
Message 303 of 921
super_poussin
Virtuoso

I check the rights in the addon binarie and everything is ok , need to debug more

I'm spending time on firefly or a replacement
Message 304 of 921
WyriHaximus
Aspirant

WyriHaximus wrote:
super-poussin wrote:
try to install it again

Doh thanks it works now :).

Ok not entirely. Rebooten my Duo last night and transmission didn't came backup so tried it again this morning by hand a got the same error again. Solved it by reinstalling transmission. Is this something I have to keep doing after a reboot?
Message 305 of 921
Pingman
Aspirant

Transmission 2.04 is refusing my password on the 'transmission interface', does it have a different password or has something gone wrong? 😐

N.B. the 'Create Torrent' launched and accepted my normal ReadyNAS password no problems :?
Message 306 of 921
Pedro_Rio
Aspirant

I've been noticed by the tracker that I'm downloading the same file from 3 sources. I can thinks that I was hacked and ask if the connections are from diferent IP's or ranges. But I can see that the sources are all using Transmission 2.04. Is it a bug?
Message 307 of 921
WyriHaximus
Aspirant

WyriHaximus wrote:
WyriHaximus wrote:
super-poussin wrote:
try to install it again

Doh thanks it works now :).

Ok not entirely. Rebooten my Duo last night and transmission didn't came backup so tried it again this morning by hand a got the same error again. Solved it by reinstalling transmission. Is this something I have to keep doing after a reboot?

Seems to be a 1 time only thing for now :).
Message 308 of 921
Pingman
Aspirant

Pingman wrote:
Transmission 2.04 is refusing my password on the 'transmission interface', does it have a different password or has something gone wrong? 😐

N.B. the 'Create Torrent' launched and accepted my normal ReadyNAS password no problems :?

Can anyone help me?

What am I doing wrong?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled and still same issue :cry:
Message 309 of 921
sdouek
Guide

If you have not changed the password yet, there is a default:

# default user is : admin
# default password is : password1

# Web interface on port 8181
# Bittorrent port is : 51413
# Default Download path /c/media/BitTorrent/

Oh and welcome to the forum 🙂
Message 310 of 921
phantomwhale
Aspirant

super-poussin wrote:
phantomwhale wrote:
phantomwhale wrote:
Upgraded from 1.7x to 2.03

Everything went fine - but it's creating files and folders as "nobody" - whereas it used to do it as "data" (the owner of files on my "data" share).

I tried editing /etc/frontview/addons/bin/TRANSMISSION/start.sh from
 start-stop-daemon --chuid nobody:nogroup 

to

start-stop-daemon --chuid data:nogroup 

But then it just stopped loading, and I couldn't find any error log.

Has anyone else done this - and is there a more elegant (or possible) way to achieve this ?

Thanks,
PW

Sorry for the bump, but still having trouble with this a few weeks on - anyone got any insight or suggestions for how I might fix this ?

you must chown the binaries and the directories according to your change 🙂

Got it :

chown -R data /c/addons-config/Transmission/*

And then a follow up similar command on my BitTorrent directory, which still had some files owned by the nobody user.

Thanks for the assist.

Ben
Message 311 of 921
Pingman
Aspirant

sdouek wrote:

Thanks for the welcome.

I have changed my Password from the default.

The thing is, the 'Create Torrent' part of Transmission launches and accepts my changed password fine, however the 'Transmission interface' screen only launches and then won't accept password :?
Message 312 of 921
Pingman
Aspirant

sdouek wrote:

Ok, that's really bizzare, I thought I'd just try the 'default' password and it worked. Which is odd seeing as I've changed the password!
Message 313 of 921
sdouek
Guide

Yes I know transmissions has to be setup just so or it will not work, Just stop transmissions from frontview - installed add-ons and ssh into box and Modify settings.json in /addons-config/Transmission/transmission-daemon/.
Message 314 of 921
outriaz
Aspirant

Hi,
I've just install transmission 2.04 on my readynas duo.
It works fine.

Where can i found the list and signification of all version 2.04 parameters ?

Accessing transmission on my nas from the web with a windows XP system, is there a better interface than http://IP:8181/ ? I'am looking for an interface with some statistic of the bandwith.

Thank you and sorry for my poor english
Message 315 of 921
lappen71
Aspirant

Try this

http://code.google.com/p/transmisson-remote-gui/
Message 316 of 921
sdouek
Guide
endquote
Aspirant

Torrents not displaying in web UI

Hey -- I updated to the latest version of the plugin, but then it stopped working with on of my private torrent sites since it wasn't on their whitelist. I rolled back to 2.04 and that was fine, but when it came back up, none of the torrents were running any more.

Or at least that's how it looked -- I connected with "Transmission Remote GUI", and they all showed up again.

Weird? Is there a way to get the web client to refresh?
Message 318 of 921
Ennio1
Aspirant

Hmm.. I factory defaulted my Duo to the latest beta (T49), then removed all available installed add-ons,
installed Transmission 2.10, the two ssh-access add-ons, apt, mc, went through the settings.json
and transmission doesn't seem to even start, even though frontview says it's started.
There is no interface, and the scripts refuse to run because of some errors:

/c/addons-config/Transmission/transtop.sh: line 27: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `)'
/c/addons-config/Transmission/transtop.sh: line 33: syntax error: unexpected end of file

just by the look of these errors, I already see the " ` " character being used where it should be " ' ".

and yes, I already changed port, user, passwd in both scripts, as well as in settings.json.

Update: OK, so the port-forwarding setting has changed from older versions (pre 2.*), or it has suddenly become active. I've got it working now. Or so it seems..
Message 319 of 921
outriaz
Aspirant

Message 320 of 921
adeptus
Aspirant

So just checking in since January... How's 2.04. Is it stable yet? Any major bugs/concerns? What about the new 2.10, any feedback for the PRO PIONEER? I'm still looking to install transmission so long as it doesn't have any major bugs such as hoarding all the CPU with only a few torrents like ~9 months ago.
Thanks,
Adeptus
Message 321 of 921
super_poussin
Virtuoso

2.04 is stable

2.10 goes back to beta so I will publish a 2.10b01 today
Message 322 of 921
DiWa
Aspirant

Ennio wrote:

There is no interface, and the scripts refuse to run because of some errors:

/c/addons-config/Transmission/transtop.sh: line 27: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `)'
/c/addons-config/Transmission/transtop.sh: line 33: syntax error: unexpected end of file

just by the look of these errors, I already see the " ` " character being used where it should be " ' ".

Hi Ennio,

you have to replace the content of the transstart and transstop with what's provided in the "release note" http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=133300#p133300"

What's shipped in the package has been truncated.

I also take this opportunity to submit another improvement on these scripts: automatically pickup host, port, user and password from settings.json

This will ease deployment and avoid issues because one has forgotten to update these files with the right user, port and password.
The port is already retrieved in the TRANSMISSION startup script.
The only issue I see is when the password is encrypted in settings.json, can we pass the encrypted version to transmission-remote ?

Thanks
Message 323 of 921
TeamYankee
Aspirant

Anyone know of an add-on for firefox that will enable me to add torrent from a URL link automatically ?
Message 324 of 921
DiWa
Aspirant

DiWa wrote:

I also take this opportunity to submit another improvement on these scripts: automatically pickup host, port, user and password from settings.json

This will ease deployment and avoid issues because one has forgotten to update these files with the right user, port and password.
The port is already retrieved in the TRANSMISSION startup script.
The only issue I see is when the password is encrypted in settings.json, can we pass the encrypted version to transmission-remote ?

Thanks

This is what I've setup (only the encrypted password is not working 😞 😞
File include-connect.sh

#!/bin/sh
# *************
# transmission connect
# *************
# Variables
#
# Path to transmission-remote
REMOTE="/usr/local/bin/transmission-remote"

# Port to acces transmission-remote
TRANSM_PORT=`cat /c/addons-config/Transmission/transmission-daemon/settings.json | grep "rpc-port" | awk -F " " '{ print $2 }' | awk -F "," '{ print $1 }'`
# User to acces transmission-remote
TRANSM_USER=`cat /c/addons-config/Transmission/transmission-daemon/settings.json | grep "rpc-username" | awk -F ": \"" '{ print $2 }' | awk -F "\"," '{ print $1 }'`
# pwd to acces transmission-remote
TRANSM_PWD=`cat /c/addons-config/Transmission/transmission-daemon/settings.json | grep "rpc-password" | awk -F ": \"" '{ print $2 }' | awk -F "\"," '{ print $1 }'`

# Options to be passed to transmission-remote
TRANSOPT="localhost:$TRANSM_PORT -n $TRANSM_USER:$TRANSM_PWD"

Then in transtart.sh

#!/bin/sh
# *************
# transmission start by super-poussin
# *************
#
. ./include-connect.sh
# *************
LIST=`cat /c/addons-config/Transmission/downloading.txt`
for ID in $LIST; do