× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New Transmission add-on thread

Trial_Master
Aspirant

Re: New Transmission add-on thread

btaroli wrote:
Well, I installed the latest update last night... damn that was painful.

Thanks for the tip. I'll wait for the next update.
Message 51 of 921
btaroli
Prodigy

super-poussin wrote:
will try to work on this , give me some time but be patient remember I do addons on my personal time

Totally understand... and though we don't often say it we /do/ appreciate it. 🙂
Message 52 of 921
costasx
Aspirant

super-poussin wrote:
preallocation
Number
0 = Off, 1 = Fast, 2 = Full (slower but reduces disk fragmentation)

In settings.json.

First of all congratulations for the great work you've put in transmission!!!!
Can you please define what you mean by slower... Will it reduce download speed???

I've copied files from my PC to my DUO a few times and loaded the .torrent file in order to have transmission seed them and it worked fine.
Transmission checked them, reached 100% and started seeding them.
Until a couple of days ago when i copied two Video files around 5Gb each that I had recorded using my Dreambox 800 and wanted to upload to a private tracker.
I created the .torrent file using uTorrent on my PC and then copied files to the DUO and loaded the .torrent file. Transmission started checking the files but stopped on around 98-99% on both files. Of coarse there was nothing to download since it's my files and it never started seeding...
Any ideas why it could happen? I changed preallocation value and rechecked but the same every time.....
I loaded the .torrent file on my pc and it worked fine and started seeding normally....

Thanx!!!
Message 53 of 921
soehest
Aspirant

First thank you for providing the community with this great addon 🙂
Simple question as i can't find information about upgrading anywhere and i do not know how the .bin files are made. Upgrading from 1.93 -> 2.0. Can i just download and install or do i need to remove the 1.93 prior to installing 2.0?

Regards
Message 54 of 921
super_poussin
Virtuoso

you can simply upgrade by applying 2.0
Message 55 of 921
rjgould
Aspirant

Hi guys. After the update did anyone find that "/addons-scripts/Transmission" wasn't accessible? Is there an easy way to sort it?
Message 56 of 921
btaroli
Prodigy

Well, I've had a recurrence of an issue that is really starting to become a problem with 2.0. Without having reinstalled or restarted the add-on, the /addons-config/Transmission/transmission-daemon directory changed ownership to nobody:nogroup... despite the fact that the daemon itself is running as an actual user and group on the system.

The problem? As soon as it changes the ownerships back (WHY???) all the resume files become unwritable (access perms) and the torrents all pause.

DUMB

I've adjusted the file modes to try and avoid this for now. But could someone PLEASE tell me why it's so difficult to keep this thing configured in a working state? Was this a change in 2.0? I don't recall having this much trouble ever before...
Message 57 of 921
TeknoJnky
Hero

I just notice that my addons-config share does not show up on the frontview share listing?

is it supposed to?

if not, how do I get it to so I can access the share options like normal shares?
Message 58 of 921
Trial_Master
Aspirant

Yeah it shows in Frontview. I'm running 1.93 can't speak for the new 2.0 version.
Message 59 of 921
btaroli
Prodigy

argh!! I think 2.0 may not be ready for prime time unless you happen to run it happily has nobody:nogroup.

My last attempt at this was to set perms for /addons-config/Transmission/transmission-daemon as <user>:nogroup and allowing group, other r+w.

Well, I wake up this morning to find that oh, no, no, no... it's back to nobody:nogroup and group and other perms are removed. WTH!?

Someone please help. I think it's time for 1.93 again. 😞
Message 60 of 921
super_poussin
Virtuoso

When i have time !
Did you try 2.01 beta ?
Message 61 of 921
super_poussin
Virtuoso

By design sdk do overwrite the start.sh next beta will prevent this
Message 62 of 921
super_poussin
Virtuoso

Message 63 of 921
btaroli
Prodigy

2.01 beta? OK. I'll check that out. 🙂
Message 64 of 921
btaroli
Prodigy

btaroli wrote:

Hmm... that seems to only be for Pro...
Message 65 of 921
super_poussin
Virtuoso

sparc build will come later
Message 66 of 921
super_poussin
Virtuoso

btaroli wrote:
btaroli wrote:

give http://www.readynas.com/contributed/sup ... .01b02.bin a try and let me know
Message 67 of 921
veehexx
Aspirant

unless another final release comes with further torrent checking speed issues, or the >2% torrent completion bug is cured, i think i'll be staying with 2.00final.

checking speed is noticeably faster, and aside from the 2% thing (which has been an issue for me for a long time), it's pretty good.
Message 68 of 921
btaroli
Prodigy

super-poussin wrote:
btaroli wrote:
btaroli wrote:

give http://www.readynas.com/contributed/sup ... .01b02.bin a try and let me know

Much appreciated. Sadly I'll have to wait until I get home this evening to apply it. Seems my manner of tunneling ssh over web proxy isn't handling the upload to NAS via web admin too well. So I'll be able to give it a spin later tonight.
Message 69 of 921
btaroli
Prodigy

super-poussin wrote:
btaroli wrote:
btaroli wrote:

OK. I'm in the process of installing this version and I'm seeing exactly the same behavior of the wget as with 2.0.

The installation runs "wget http://download.m0k.org/transmission/files/level1.gz" and it just sits there. When I run this interactively, I get

# wget http://download.m0k.org/transmission/files/level1.gz
--23:20:04-- http://download.m0k.org/transmission/files/level1.gz
=> `level1.gz'
Resolving download.m0k.org... 88.191.20.206
Connecting to download.m0k.org|88.191.20.206|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response...

Interestingly, if I run it from my Mac it completes just fine. Not sure why it's stalling on the NAS. I'm also not sure where to put the file for the installer to find it. Instead, I just killed the wget process like before and the installation seems to complete OK. Not sure what effect occurs by this file not being retrieved.

What a bonus! I didn't have to edit the start.sh or file permissions! YAY!!

Process seems to have started up just fine. We'll let it run and do it's thing. I'll update again if I noticed any behavior, but apart from the wget oddity all seems well thus far.
Message 70 of 921
super_poussin
Virtuoso

nice to see you're happy
Message 71 of 921
gabort
Aspirant

Hi, I am new to these forums and this platform.
I have a ReadyNAD NVX, an intel based system, and have tried installing Transmision for some time now, but only get "invalid image". It is quite consistent, so I must be doing something wrong.

I have tried all these:
06/19/2010 12:56 PM 11,730,944 PRO-Transmission_2.01b02.bin
06/10/2010 12:11 AM 6,523,392 Transmission_1.93Light.bin
06/19/2010 12:38 PM 8,786,432 Transmission_2.00.bin
06/10/2010 12:00 AM 8,868,352 Transmission_2.00b02.bin
06/19/2010 12:58 PM 14,500,352 Transmission_2.01b02.bin

"invalid image" all the time, also after rebooting. I have a suspicion that perhaps I am using images that are meant for sparc platforms, but there seems to be little in the form of a summary of what images can be found, for which platform.

Can you please direct me to an image that should be installable on my system?

Thanks for your help!
Message 72 of 921
chirpa
Luminary

If you have an NVX, you want a file that starts with PRO-

Can you try another web browser?
Message 73 of 921
gabort
Aspirant

Thanks! It worked using IE8. Now why did it NOT work with Firefox 3.5.9?
Message 74 of 921
veehexx
Aspirant

you do realise the latest is 3.6.3?
Message 75 of 921
Announcements