× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New disks are not signed

DanielMak
Aspirant

New disks are not signed

Hi, we bought 3 x WD40EFRX-68N new SATA disks via a Netgear distributor incl caddies. After inserting them, the the 1.4.4 system told: Disk is not signed by NETGEAR. Reading about the issue, the advice was to firmware upgrade to 1.4.5, which I did. The situation didn't change after the upgrade and now instead it says DISK_NOT_NETGEAR.

Reading in the community, it seems that a Netgear admin can SSH into the system and re-sign the disks. I would much prefere to get the commands and do this myself, but if that isn't possible, can someone please PM me and setup a Teamviewer session ASAP.

Model: RD5200|ReadyDATA 5200 Enterprise Storage
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

Re: New disks are not signed

The drive that you have listed is an AF formatted drive and is 4k or 512e(mulated) based drive:

https://documents.westerndigital.com/content/dam/doc-library/en_us/assets/public/western-digital/pro...

The ReadyDATA does not support the 512e drives and will require a 512n(ative) drive to work within the ReadyDATA without having the dirve signed.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

The drive that you have listed is an AF formatted drive and is 4k or 512e(mulated) based drive:

https://documents.westerndigital.com/content/dam/doc-library/en_us/assets/public/western-digital/pro...

The ReadyDATA does not support the 512e drives and will require a 512n(ative) drive to work within the ReadyDATA without having the dirve signed.

Message 2 of 3
DanielMak
Aspirant

Since Netgear shipped these disks, I thought something else was the issue. After contacting our supplier, after having a web chat to the Netgear support, Netgear admitted they shipped the wrong disks.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements