× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN-104 speed issue with BT downloading in Transmission

EvgenyK
Aspirant

RN-104 speed issue with BT downloading in Transmission

Hello Everybody,

I got an old RN-104 running the latest firmware (6.10.3) with two HDD in XRaid.

The unit is connected to the router with 1Gbe link. The Internet connection is 500Mbit/10Mbit Cable.

On that NAS I have Transmission NT version 2.92-nt2 installed.

When I test the speed with IPERF3 to the NAS from another 1Gbe computer the speed is good (945Mbps). When I test NAS speed with Nas Test (testing the read/write speeds of the HDDs) I get also normal speeds of 30-40 MBps (that Bytes).

However, with torresnt downloads I get to satuation at arround 10 MBps (give or take). I tried downloading the same torrents on a computer and has no problem getting to 35-45 MBps so the Internet does work well and the router can handle it (RT-AC87U). One thing I noticed is that with Torrents running the CPU usage  of the NAS is at 100%. I guess the speed limit comes from the CPU being overloaded. Is ther any solution to that? Maybe more effecient clients for the Readynas or maybe there is a bug?

Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

@EvgenyK wrote:

One thing I noticed is that with Torrents running the CPU usage  of the NAS is at 100%. I guess the speed limit comes from the CPU being overloaded. Is ther any solution to that?

Not that I know of - other than getting a faster NAS.

Message 2 of 3
EvgenyK
Aspirant

No lighter clients exist? Does it make sence at all to run BT client on the NAS and not on a seperate machine? Maybe I should get RPi 4 and use it only for client?

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements