× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RND 2110 V1

Mil24cb
Aspirant

RND 2110 V1

Hi folks, just purchased a s/h NAT as in the title. I have the thing working, but when I click admin on the RAIDar, I get the following error in my browser:

This site can’t provide a secure connection

192.168.1.244 uses an unsupported protocol.

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

It seems I cannot access any settings but can see the disk on the network.

Can anyone please help?
Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: RND 2110 V1

@Mil24cb wrote:

Hi folks, just purchased a s/h NAT as in the title. I have the thing working, but when I click admin on the RAIDar, I get the following error in my browser:

This site can’t provide a secure connection

192.168.1.244 uses an unsupported protocol.

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

You'll need to use an old browser - FireFox 94.0.2 will connect, as will the current version of internet explorer.  If you go with FireFox, make sure you immediately reconfigure it to turn off autoupdate.  Note you will get a certificate error (not the same as the SSL version mismatch), that you will need to click through.

You can either stick with that solution, or you can edit virtual.conf as described here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/New-ReadyNAS-Users-General/Workaround-for-ERR-SSL-VERSION-OR-CIPHER...

Message 2 of 6
Mil24cb
Aspirant

Brilliant thank you!

Message 3 of 6
Mil24cb
Aspirant

Hi Stephen, I don't suppose you know what I am doing wrong now?

Tried a full factory default, seemed to work ok, but I cannot get passed the password stage...

Tried Admin, password/1234 but it suggests credentials are wrong!

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 6
Sandshark
Sensei

On units running version 4.x software, the default admin password is netgear1 unless is a very old version, in which case it's infrant1.

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@Mil24cb wrote:

Tried Admin, password/1234 but it suggests credentials are wrong!

@Sandshark already answered this (the default admin password is netgear1).  But I thought I'd add links to the hardware and software manuals for the Duo.

FWIW, it is an old model, as you can see from the 2011 publication date of the manuals.  It was launched in 2008, and Netgear replaced it with the Duo v2 in late 2011.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements