× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RND2000v2 Error 0x80004002 - Dell laptop running Win 10

SteveRNAS
Aspirant

RND2000v2 Error 0x80004002 - Dell laptop running Win 10

Hi, I'm trying to get my ReadyNAS Duo v2 recognised via RAIDar running on Win 10 but the software informs me it cannot find the device.  When I check using Windows Explorer and the Network section the device is listed and has a IP address but when I double click the device's icon Windows attempts to coomuicate and displays the message Error 0x80004002.  The lights displayed on my ReadyNAS are the Blue Power light which is on and steady and DISK 1 light as there is only one disk.  An someone please advise.  Thank you!    

Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: RND2000v2 Error 0x80004002 - Dell laptop running Win 10

First, make sure that the SMB 1 client is enabled on the Windows 10 PC.  You do that by going into "turn windows features on or off".

Second, try entering \\nas-ip-address into the file explorer address bar, and see if that gives you access.  Use the correct slash - // will open your browser, which is not what you want.  And of course use the real IP address of the NAS.

There are some more complicated troubleshooting steps, but start with these two first, and let us know what happens.

Message 2 of 4
SteveRNAS
Aspirant

Hi Stephen,

THANK YOU!!  You really are The GURU!!!  I had added the SMB1 feature from checking a previous Support discussion.  But hadn't tried the \\nas-ipaddress, I now can access the drive in Windows and have successfully saved a file to it!    Interestingly, RAIDar still can't find it!  The version I'm running is 6.5.0 so is this version not compatible ?

Kind Regards

Message 3 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

RAIDar uses it's own method of locating the NAS, and that traffic is sometimes blocked by antivirus/antimalware software or router firewalls.  Try temporarily disabling your antivirus on the PC and see if that changes anything.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements