× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re-install ReadyNAS Photos does not re-create database

mtjoernelund
Aspirant

After a lot of problems with ReadyNAS Photos I decided to remove the add-on from my NAS and re-install it, hoping this could help me start the process of album creation etc. all over. However it seems that when removing the add-on all databases are being removed/deleted and when re-installing the add-on these are not recreated.

So I now have a seemingly working installation except that I am missing the Dekoh user being used in sql to handle the database and the actual ReadyNAS Photos table containing the data.

Anybody who can supply a couple of sql files to re-create the Dekoh user and sql-table on my ReadyNAS?
Message 1 of 29
minerva
Aspirant

Re: Re-install ReadyNAS Photos does not re-create database

Presently there is no such script file which can create individual tables on ReadyNAS Photos, the only way is to re-install add-on which will create all the tables

Can you please detail us the actual problem because of which you reinstalled the add-on

-Minerva
Message 2 of 29
mtjoernelund
Aspirant

minerva wrote:
Presently there is no such script file which can create individual tables on ReadyNAS Photos, the only way is to re-install add-on which will create all the tables

Can you please detail us the actual problem because of which you reinstalled the add-on

-Minerva

Problem is that I have re-installed the add-on several times and the tables does not get recreated. So as of now I have no way of using ReadNAS Photos, as I cannot recreate the necessary entries in the SQL database.

The problems I had was several, corrupted albums, missing resized pics, missing thumbnails, persons that had received invitations that did no longer work etc.

I was actually quite happy to start over as I had learned how to use the add-on, so could start without the errors I have made before. But now I just can't start at all...
Message 3 of 29
minerva
Aspirant

Share zipped up 'logs' directory which can be located <$ReadyNASPhotos-install-dir>\server\nodes\default\

sending you a private message

-Minerva
Message 4 of 29
minerva
Aspirant

We have verified the log file and could see that the dekoh user is not present in your mysql database. For a factory-fitted ReadyNAS add-on, installation should create the user,database and tables, no separate script to run.

Though unable to reproduce the issue at my setup, to help you out, can you please tell us if you have done any modifications to your database/tables prior to the installation of add-ons.

As a work around, try re-installing the add-on once more and see if the issue gets fixed at your setup.

-Minerva
Message 5 of 29
mtjoernelund
Aspirant

minerva wrote:
We have verified the log file and could see that the dekoh user is not present in your mysql database. For a factory-fitted ReadyNAS add-on, installation should create the user,database and tables, no separate script to run.

Though unable to reproduce the issue at my setup, to help you out, can you please tell us if you have done any modifications to your database/tables prior to the installation of add-ons.

As a work around, try re-installing the add-on once more and see if the issue gets fixed at your setup.

-Minerva

I have PhpMyAdmin installed and working. I could see that the database and Dekoh user was present before uninstalling the ReadyNAS photos add-on. After removing the add-on the user and database was deleted when I looked in phpMyAdmin.

However reinstalling the add-on does not create the user Dekoh and the ReadyNAS Photos database.

But since I have access to the database I could add both user and database manually, provided I had the information as to structure of database etc.
Message 6 of 29
mtjoernelund
Aspirant

@Minerva

Any chance that I can get the parameters for a manual setup of the Dekoh user and ReadyNAS Photos database?
Message 7 of 29
minerva
Aspirant

Installation of ReadyNAS add-on, should create the user,database and tables. There is no other way.

-Minerva.
Message 8 of 29
mtjoernelund
Aspirant

minerva wrote:
Installation of ReadyNAS add-on, should create the user,database and tables. There is no other way.

-Minerva.

Well, then what are my options when it does not?

Have installed, rebooted, uninstalled an re-installed several times. Each time the same result: no Dekoh user and no ReadyNAS Photos database. So what are my options now? None, except from a factory reset?
Message 9 of 29
minerva
Aspirant

Hello All,

We are upgrading our system. Hence the system will be down the for next 1 hour. We shall notify our system's availability soon.

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

Minerva
Message 10 of 29
minerva
Aspirant

Hello All,

Our system has been upgraded and is up now. Can resume your works.

-Minerva
Message 11 of 29
mtjoernelund
Aspirant

Very frustrating. I have now tried uninstalling and re-installing the add-on several times, while trying various combinations off rebooting both before and after removing and installing, and nothing seems to help.

As of now I have no way of accessing ReadyNAS Photos. Any suggestions to get this repaired would be greatly appreciated. Despite all this is a officially supported add-on...
Message 12 of 29
minerva
Aspirant

We are exploring other options of creating database in such scenarios, will update you on this very soon.

-Minerva
Message 13 of 29
minerva
Aspirant

-Minerva
Message 14 of 29
weykerweb
Aspirant

I have having the same issue on my new Ultra 4. I'm wondering if there is a fix?
Message 15 of 29
mtjoernelund
Aspirant

weykerweb wrote:
I have having the same issue on my new Ultra 4. I'm wondering if there is a fix?

Minerva is working on helping me to find a solution. So hopefully a solution should be in the making.
Message 16 of 29
minerva
Aspirant

Hi weykerweb,

Can you please details us on the issue you are seeing on ReadyNAS Photos application.

Did you try un-installing and re-installing Readynas Photos addon

Share with us zipped up 'logs' directory which can be located <$ReadyNASPhotos-install-dir>\server\nodes\default\

-Minerva
Message 17 of 29
InTheShires
Tutor

I'm having the same issue here. Sending you the logs.
Message 18 of 29
minerva
Aspirant

I have verified the log files and could see that your ReadyNAS Photos database configuration is invalid. To correct this, I recommend re-installing the add-on".

ReadyNAS photos add-on can be downloaded from http://www.readynas.com/?cat=36.

Installing software phpMyAdmin is known to interfere with ReadyNAS Photos functioning by making changes to Database users configuration.

Did you install phpMyAdmin ?

Thanks,
-Minerva.
Message 19 of 29
InTheShires
Tutor

minerva wrote:
I have verified the log files and could see that your ReadyNAS Photos database configuration is invalid. To correct this, I recommend re-installing the add-on".

ReadyNAS photos add-on can be downloaded from http://www.readynas.com/?cat=36.

Installing software phpMyAdmin is known to interfere with ReadyNAS Photos functioning by making changes to Database users configuration.

Did you install phpMyAdmin ?

Thanks,
-Minerva.

I've tried reinstalling the addon, but I get this...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've redownloaded, to make sure it's not corrupt. I've also used a different browser, but it gives the same error message.

Yes, I do have PHPMyAdmin installed, which is needed. I did disable it while trying to install the Sparc Photos2.2.bin, but I still got the same error message.

Thank you.
Message 20 of 29
minerva
Aspirant

It seems CPU architecture of your ReadyNAS device is Intel.Try installing readynasphotos add-on by downloading from the below url

http://www.readynas.com/?page_id=608

-Minerva
Message 21 of 29
InTheShires
Tutor

minerva wrote:
It seems CPU architecture of your ReadyNAS device is Intel.Try installing readynasphotos add-on by downloading from the below url

http://www.readynas.com/?page_id=608

-Minerva

No, it's definitely a Sparc based Duo!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 22 of 29
InTheShires
Tutor

No further input for me? (I see you have been active here today)
Message 23 of 29
yoh-dah
Guide

InTheShires wrote:

Can you re-download the add-on from http://www.readynas.com/download/addons ... os_2.2.bin and try again?
Message 24 of 29
InTheShires
Tutor

yoh-dah wrote:
InTheShires wrote:

Can you re-download the add-on from http://www.readynas.com/download/addons ... os_2.2.bin and try again?

I have done this a few times already, but just for you have done it yet again, and I still get the same error message that I posted above.
Message 25 of 29
Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements