× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ready Cloud problems.

rossngm
Aspirant

Ready Cloud problems.

Hi

I'm not too competent but need help so treat me gently!

We have a NAS drive rn314 in the office, been working for over a year fine and dandy.

I know have sorted out backups and am going to look into the replicate function soon too.

Currently I am having problems accessing over the internet using readycloud. I migrated my readycloud account to a mynetgear account. I log in and can see the graphic of the NAS drive, but it says there is no volume?

I had an IT guy in to help me go through all of this and he could lo into it and see all the file structure o his (android) smartphone so I thought yay it works, I'm now at home and need som efiles but I am at a lose.

Before we did anything we updats the firmware to 6.5.1 I think

Any simple pointers?

I have tried firefox and edge browsers. I am on a windows 10 laptop currently

Thanks (I hope)

Ross

Message 1 of 7
rossngm
Aspirant

Re: Ready Cloud problems.

Is this post in the correct forum/area?

When I created the post it made me us the label remote? Not sure if that is correct!? So I added two tags to try and get some assistance, as i think it's pretty rubbish that the readycloud doesn't work and I'm getting pretty peeved!

Message 2 of 7
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi rossngm,

Can you first try to see if you have access to the volume locally. If you have access to it with no problems. I would suggest that you back-up your files first then update to the latest firmware.

If you cannot access the volume locally, I would suggest that you get support either chat or phone.

Contact NETGEAR Support

Regards,

Message 3 of 7
rossngm
Aspirant

HI

Thanks very much for the reply.

I updated to firmware 6.6.1, or rather my it guy did. It didn't do it automatically he loaded manually but it says it's there as 6.6.1.

when you say access locally yes I can logonto the admin page and access all of the files when in the office, we don't have logins we just use it as a shared drive effectively, I like simple!

It seems this isn't an uncommon problem reading on here, but obviously many possibilities! I upgraded to a my netgear account could it not have been done properly, i read somewhere on here that was the reason for someone elses problem?

Please stick with me and get this fixed! 🙂

Thanks

Ross.

Message 4 of 7
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi rossngm,

Can you try to check the following to make sure we have you on SSO already.

ReadyCLOUD to MyNETGEAR Single Sign-On FAQ

Regards,

Message 5 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi rossngm,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 6 of 7
rossngm
Aspirant

Fixed, sorted thanks.

Although I cannot get the windows app to work ( I haven't tried too hard) I can logon to the readycloud websote and see all my files on the NAS drive.

In short I migrated my readycloud account to a new netgear account, then on the readynas admin page the readycloud settings I had to leave then rejoin with my new netgear account and hey presto.

thanks for all your suggestions and pointers.

Ross

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements