× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 314 Files Missing

Nightmercy
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 314 Files Missing

Good day all,

I recently (last few days or so) moved a number of files and folders from my Windows 10 machine to my RN31400 (Firmware 6.5.0), and I cannot find them today.

I have tried rebooting the NAS to no avail.

Upon further review, I am finding that any files I have moved over the last ~30 days or so seem to be missing.

To test, I copied and moved some files this morning, and they all appear on the NAS even after another reboot.

Is there a type of refresh or something I might be missing that is causing me to not be able to see recently copied / moved files?

Thanks a lot!

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 314 Files Missing

FWIW, 6.5.0 firmware is quite old  (about 4 years back), so you might consider upgrading it to at least 6.9.6.

If you have snapshots enabled, you might try browsing the snapshot folders for your shares, and see if you can find the missing files in them.

Message 2 of 4
Nightmercy
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply!  

I had checked for firmware updates from the admin page, and had not seen any for this device.  Let me see if I can rock a manual firmware update.

I checked the snapshots, to no avail, but I will check again.

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@Nightmercy wrote:

I had checked for firmware updates from the admin page, and had not seen any for this device. 

If you are using a static IP address, make sure you have a DNS server configured on the NAS.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements