× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Duo RND2000 v1 connection problems

johnnutting47
Follower

ReadyNAS Duo RND2000 v1 connection problems

I have a ReadyNAS Duo RND2000 v1 with two 500gig drives connected to a Dell Vostro 360 PC via a Virgin Media rpouter. They were bought new in 2012.

Everything was running fine until two weeks ago when one morning the drive didn't show on my Windows network.

RAIDar reported that it couldn't see any Netgear drive.

I remapped the drive and eventually managed to see the files (mostly Word text files and jpg images) but recent files (the most important) just showed 'access denied' in Windows security. Strangely, older files would open.

I've reset the NASdrive using the button on the rear when starting up using the blue front button, but no difference.

I couldn't access the drive's web page showing password updates and network info, but wa able to remotely with a laptop connected to the router by wifi. But reseting the passwords still didn't let me into the files.

I can see the NAS drive on the Windows network but cannot now get in using the default user name and password after resetting.

I've been backing up the drive to a USB drive regularly but failed to do so a monh or so ago, meaning I can't access recent material.

Help!

Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS Duo RND2000 v1 connection problems

@johnnutting47 wrote:

I can see the NAS drive on the Windows network but cannot now get in using the default user name and password after resetting.

The default user name is admin, the default password is netgear1.

If you are trying to get into frontview (the web ui), then you will need to download an old version of firefox as described here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/New-ReadyNAS-Users-General/Workaround-for-ERR-SSL-VERSION-OR-CIPHER...

@johnnutting47 wrote:

I've been backing up the drive to a USB drive regularly but failed to do so a monh or so ago, meaning I can't access recent material.

Help!

If you can connect the first disk to a Windows PC (either with SATA or USB adapter/dock), then you could use rlinux for windows to recover the files.https://www.r-studio.com/free-linux-recovery/  Power down the NAS before you remove the drive (and power it up afterwards).

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements