× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS NV+ RND4000 Power Supply Replacement

MikeH1
Tutor

ReadyNAS NV+ RND4000 Power Supply Replacement

It looks like the power supply on my NV+ RND4000 has died (this is actually the 2nd one that's died, so I've already performed the replacement once, a number of years ago). I've ordered a replacement, and am trying to remove the current PS, so the NAS is ready for installation as soon as the replacement PS arrives (need to start working on taxes, and guess where our recent tax info is?). Anyway.....

I'm following the PSU replacement procedure from this site, but I am stuck (rather, the bottom panel is stuck). The bottom panel with the rubber feet won't detach. There are no instructions specific to removal of this panel. I've tried "forcing" it as much as I dare.

Can anyone offer advice on what the "trick" might be to removing this panel?

Thanks,

Mike

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
MikeH1
Tutor

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ RND4000 Power Supply Replacement

Nevermind, found the problem. I missed a screw. It was hiding under the "warranty void" sticker.

Oddly enough, the instructions say to disregard the sticker, which I clearly did. Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
MikeH1
Tutor

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ RND4000 Power Supply Replacement

Nevermind, found the problem. I missed a screw. It was hiding under the "warranty void" sticker.

Oddly enough, the instructions say to disregard the sticker, which I clearly did. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements