× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS NV+ V2 Can't map network drives Win 11

Skarnath
Aspirant

ReadyNAS NV+ V2 Can't map network drives Win 11

Win 11

Readynas NV+ v2

Firmware 5.3.13

Hi All,

I'm having issues connecting to my readynas since I upgraded to win 11. I've had to access it through IE mode in Edge as I had the error. This allows me to get into the settings menu but I still can't access the files on the unit in windows as a network drive even though I can ping the IP address just fine.

This site can’t provide a secure connection

192.168.155.218 uses an unsupported protocol.

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

I've tried these instructions below with no luck, what can I try now please?

Accessing ReadyNAS OS 6 using Windows Explorer | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Hope someone can help! 🙂

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ V2 Can't map network drives Win 11

@Skarnath wrote:

This error is happening when you are accessing the dashboard via your browser - not when you are accessing network drives with file explorer.  

For network drives:

1. make sure the SMB 1/CIFS client is enabled on the PC.  Do this by going into "turn windows features on or off".  
  2. make sure you use correct slash direction in the file explorer address bar ( \\nas-name , not //nas-name )

Clicking on icons in the network list often will result in opening the browser instead of opening the share list in explorer.

For the web browser issue, there is an extended discussion of options here:

You should be able to reach the dashboard using Edge in IE mode (details are in the linked thread).  It is also possible to configure FireFox to allow TLS 1.0.

Once in, install this add-on to get TLS 1.2 support in the NAS:

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@Skarnath wrote:

This error is happening when you are accessing the dashboard via your browser - not when you are accessing network drives with file explorer.  

For network drives:

1. make sure the SMB 1/CIFS client is enabled on the PC.  Do this by going into "turn windows features on or off".  
  2. make sure you use correct slash direction in the file explorer address bar ( \\nas-name , not //nas-name )

Clicking on icons in the network list often will result in opening the browser instead of opening the share list in explorer.

For the web browser issue, there is an extended discussion of options here:

You should be able to reach the dashboard using Edge in IE mode (details are in the linked thread).  It is also possible to configure FireFox to allow TLS 1.0.

Once in, install this add-on to get TLS 1.2 support in the NAS:

Message 2 of 3
Skarnath
Aspirant

Thanks StephenB!

I've been able to get onto the dashboard through an IE window in Edge as per the link you shared.

I installed the update for the TLS 1.2, it ended in an error message and said it couldn't be installed but once I'd run through that process I was able to hit Browse in RAIDar and map the drives as normal so it all worked out beautifully!

Thanks you so much for your help.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements