× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Photos 1 service alternatives

stevieko
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Photos 1 service alternatives

I created this topic in regards to the discontinuation of ReadyNAS Photos 1 (one)
Hopefully this will be of use to the folks with the affected machines and point them in the right direction to continue accessing and sharing their photos using a different method.

I wanted to get people's opinions or recommendations of an alternative photo sharing service to the former ReadyNas Photos 1
Any program, service, hosting template to run on their own computer and network to share their photos stored on their now-unsupported NAS unit is welcome (hopefully, mods?)
Please suggest the above regardless of tech-ability, cost or lack of cost, or effectiveness (full-res, or compressed, mobile use, etc.) Again, this is for folks to host their own service -not upload photos to an online service (That's why we have a NAS, right?)
Looking forward to the replies and of how we can avoid replacing our current NAS units or having to use a 3rd party hosting service

Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
pugilares
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS Photos 1 service alternatives

Already mentioned it in another thread, but all right.

What I use is Simpleviewer - just google it. This is the tool to create gallery with choosen photos. Then I put the gallery created with this tool into the folder located on ReadyNAS Duo (v1). This folder I made accessible from the internet side through http. And it's that simple as that. Personally I prefer this way than ReadyNas Photos. There are other tools to create galleries - you can just websearch for this. Ałso I know that at least some sfotware packages designed for editing photos do have their own tools to create galleries. The one I know is Lightroom from Adobe (TM). ReadyNAS Duo (v1) Frontview gives you pretty decent control over what is accessible for whom - what for anybody, what for that or another group. Even more advanced control is possible through ssh shell. Having all that I don't really miss RadyNAS Photos.
Message 2 of 3
Triple_t
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS Photos 1 service alternatives

Gallery3 and jAlbum on the webserver did it for me
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements