× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Photos - Java heap space error

baldric
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Photos - Java heap space error

Hello all,
I'm new to this board, so I apologise if this has been asked before, but I've search everything I can, and haven't found an answer (or any other postings about the same problem).
Anyway, I just purchased a ReadyNAS Duo, and have installed the latest beta of ReadyNAS Photos as well as RAIDiator (T120), but am still having problems when trying to rotate an image the web application.
Everytime I try (and all versions of the software I have tried), I get an:
Error: Java heap space.
...and it refuses to rotate the image. It doesn't matter which direction I try to rotate it.
I have the newest version of Java, and have attempted it with Firefox3 as well as Explorer 7 and Safari 3. This is all on Vista Business SP1.

The ReadyNAS Photos add-on wasn't the reason I bought the NAS, but it was certainly icing on the cake, and I'd really love to be able to use it as advertised (ie, I don't want to have to go and pre-rotate all of my images before upload).

Thanks for any help that anyone can provide,
Baldric
Message 1 of 8
minerva
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS Photos - Java heap space error

Sending you a private message.
Message 2 of 8
minerva
Aspirant

This defect is fixed in 1.1.RC4 release of ReadyNAS Photos.

Get it here.
Message 3 of 8
huongalt
Aspirant

sorry to resurect this but i am getting this error now, i also get it when i try to create and resize an avatar...
the client seems to be at 1.1 but i cant find/access any later versions ... any clues to help
Message 4 of 8
HEJohnson
Aspirant

I am seeing this same error, too, whenever I try to rotate a photo.

Additionally, when I select "Import Album", nothing appears to happen. If I select "Import Albums" again, I get the following popup error [copied exactly]:

Message from webpage
Window importCollectionsDialog is already register is the DOM!!, be sure to use setDestroyOnClose()

The other functions behave a bit funky.

I expected this to be a mature application at this point, and I'm surprised to be encountering these issues.

Any suggestions?

Win7 32-bit, IE9, Java 1.6 update 24, ReadyNAS Photos 1.1, ReadyNAS NV+, RAIDiator 4.1.7
Message 5 of 8
minerva
Aspirant

Unfortunately when you try to rotate images which are huge in size, you will see 'java heap space error'.As of now, no workaround is available.

Can you try in another browser like Google Chrome/Firefox to avoid the message on webpage.

-Minerva
Message 6 of 8
amr3112
Aspirant

I am having the same problem with "Import Album". Also "Share" function will not work. I can create a new album. I can import photos but that's about it. RAIRar version 4.1.7, ReadyNAS Photo with Java ver 1.1 for Windows.
Message 7 of 8
minerva
Aspirant

This issue has been fixed in 1.1.RC3 release.

Check with the ReadyNAS photos version and upgrade it to 2.0 RC1(with other fixes as well)

Here's the link for download and instructions to upgrade

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=28567

-minerva
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements