× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Photos troubleshooting tips

wobo1
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS Photos troubleshooting tips

Hi!

Trying to make ReadyNAS Photos on my ReadyNAS Dou available externally.
That means I will be able to update albums and such things from anywhere using my laptop and an internet connection.

Trying to connect to it at work right now. Get invalid credentials however I try.

I have the latest ReadyNAS photos addons, it is online.
Got the latest ReadyNAS Photos desktop application.

Dunno what to do now.
Got the media share so it have read/write with CIFS.
It also is http/s read only with exception to my account which have allowed user access.

Do you need to configure router/firewall in some way that I don't know?

//wobo
Message 51 of 108
minerva
Aspirant

Hi wobo,

ReadyNAS Photos cannot connect to the NAS over the Internet. NAS has to be in the same LAN as the PC from which you are using ReadyNAS Photos.

-minerva
Message 52 of 108
shumbies
Aspirant

Hello,

Newbie Photo dude here!

I am having trouble installing the ReadyNAS Photo application on my PC with the following NAS.

Model: ReadyNAS Duo [X-RAID]
Firmware: RAIDiator 4.1.5 [1.00a043]
Memory: 256 MB [2.5-3-3-7]

I have enabled the ReadyNAS Photo on my NAS, and when I go to install the software and the last webpage comes up I get:

Failed to Connect
The connection was refused when attempting to contact localhost.
Though the site seems valid, the browser was unable to establish a connection.
* Could the site be temporarily unavailable? Try again later.
* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection.
* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

The address in the Browser is http://localhost/readynas

Tried a number of times...

What am I missing??

Any help much appreciated.

Gavan

"
Message 53 of 108
minerva
Aspirant

Hi Gavan,

Do you see the ReadyNAS Photos icon in the System tray ?

Do you have Javascript enabled in your browser ?

Can you copy and paste here what running cmd

ping localhost 

return ?

-minerva
Message 54 of 108
shumbies
Aspirant

Hi Minerva,

Thanks for the prompt response.

minerva wrote:
Do you see the ReadyNAS Photos icon in the System tray ?

No
minerva wrote:
Do you have Javascript enabled in your browser ?

Yes
minerva wrote:
Can you copy and paste here what running cmd

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>ping localhost

Pinging shumbies-PC [::1] from ::1 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from ::1: time<1ms

Ping statistics for ::1:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms
Message 55 of 108
minerva
Aspirant

shumbies wrote:
C:\Windows\system32>ping localhost

Pinging shumbies-PC [::1] from ::1 with 32 bytes of data:

Looks like localhost is not resolving to any I.P. Address.

Can you see if my reply to a previous posting here will help ?
Message 56 of 108
shumbies
Aspirant

Spot on Minerva,

Really appreciate your help, thank you.

All systems GO! 😄

Cheers

Gavan
Message 57 of 108
mullinsworld
Aspirant

I just setup my ReadyNAS Duo. RAIDar 4.1.3 - downloaded ReadyNAS Photos 2.2. When I launch the app it opens the brower to a localhost.com and hangs. Any ideas for this total newbie?

Thanks
Message 58 of 108
shumbies
Aspirant

Hi mullinsworld,

Check the post before mine where minerva says
Can you see if my reply to a previous posting here will help?
. If you click on the hyperlink contained under the word "here", you will be taken there. I had what I think is a similar issue to you and this cured my problem.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

shumbies
Message 59 of 108
minerva
Aspirant

Hello mullinsworld:

Following is my answer to the similar question :

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=20605#p112984

Let me know if that helps.

-minerva
Message 60 of 108
beck2oldschool
Aspirant

Hi @all,
I have RAIDiator 4.1.4 and ReadyNAS Photos 2.2 installed.
At this Site: http://localhost:81/readynas/template/index.jsp?pageId=settings I click on "connect". There are several messages.
"Authentication successfully"
"Configuration of ReadyNAS will be validated..."
and after a while: "By establishing a connection a problem has occured - Connection to readynasphotos.com must be possible. For the first connection to ReadyNAS, a Internetconnection is necessary"
It is possible to connect to readynasphotos.com from my localhost. I have no deny-messages in the firewalls logfile. The right standard Gateway is set on the readynas. Also the DNS server etc. When I try to look for new firmware, the readynas connect also to the internet, so I think the connection is of course possible.
What can be the problem?
Thanks in advance!

Michael
Message 61 of 108
minerva
Aspirant

Hi Micheal,

Does the user you are connecting to ReadyNAS as, have read & write permissions in media share ?

Does user name or password have empty spaces or ':' or '@' ?

In both these cases, the above error message is shown. This will be rectified.

-minerva
Message 62 of 108
beck2oldschool
Aspirant

Hi minerwa,
when the check at "authentication neccesary" is not set, I get the message as written in first post.
When I set "authentication neccesary" and fill in the credentials of the NAS Admin I get the error message "A connection to ReadyNAS Photo Share is not neccessary, yet. Is the ReadyNAS Photo Service active? share=[hostname=192.168.100.33, share=Dekoh$, username=admin], exit code=[2], error=[Systemerror 2221. ]"
The Service is started 😉
On the media share everyone has full access. All Subfolders has inherit the rights of the "media" share.

Michael
Message 63 of 108
k_3po
Aspirant

Hi Micheal,

For the browser on your desktop to connect to be able to connect to internet, do you need to enter set any proxy server?

/k-3po
Message 64 of 108
beck2oldschool
Aspirant

No
Message 65 of 108
erlangerboys
Aspirant

Hi, Just recently installed a readynas duo. Have enabled the photo service and downloaded the desktop software. It get around 30% of performing the install and then exits with an error suggesting delete a folder and try again. The error being generated is identical to the posting on this thread from NOTSURE of 11 Feb 2009. I have made sure that all versions of the software and firmware are as advised on this site.
Cheers
Andy
Message 66 of 108
minerva
Aspirant

Can you send me in a private message the install.log thats in C:\Dekoh (win) ~/Dekoh (Mac) folder ?
Message 67 of 108
mveng
Aspirant

Though I used ReadyNAS Photos before, I have been unable to use recently.
When I log in after I input my user name and password (which are the same for the Media share), I get authenticated and then I get the following (with minor edits to protect privacy):
"Unable to connect to media/Pictures share on [correct address for the ReadyNAS...]"
When expanding the error message I get:
share=[hostname=[ReadyNAS address], share=media, folder=Pictures, username=[correct user name]], exit code=[17], error=[mount_smbfs: mount error: /Users/.../Dekoh/mnt/[username]55965979/media: File exists ]"
I tried to login as a different user and received the exact same message (with the different user name obviously).

I am using a macbook with ReadyNAS 600 with the RAIDiator 4.1.6 [1.00a147] and I already uninstalled and reinstalled the ReadyNAS Photos application and stopped and restarted the service on the NAS.

Any suggestions as to next steps?
Message 68 of 108
minerva
Aspirant

You can try the following.

Stop ReadyNAS Photos application, and try deleting the ~\Dekoh\mnt folder by yourself. Restart ReadyNAS Photos and retry connecting to ReadyNAS.
Message 69 of 108
Eagle_Eyes
Aspirant

Enable ReadyNAS Photos

I've just purchased the Netgear ReadyNAS NVX RNDX4250 which is running the ReadyNAS NVX Business Edition and I can't seem to find any Add-ons.

I have upgraded to RAIDiator 4.2.9 how do I now enable the ReadyNAS Photos and BitTorrent Download Manager?

I've looked in Services > Installed Add-ons but only find the ReadyNAS Remote v1.0.9.25 and nothing else...

What do I do now?
Message 70 of 108
MaxNAS
Aspirant

Hello,
I've had my readynas for a bit now, and just recently decided to try and setup the readynas photos. I get it all installed and created a login ID and password. This allows me to login and see my readynas box but, when i click it, another window comes up and i enter a username/password (same as i use to login through finder). And gives me a message at the bottom stating 'Invalid Credentials', I've tried every password possible that i setup on the unit and non work.

I do have SMB / CIFS enabled, along with all users have read/write abilities within the 'media' share. I read what the support agent stated at the start of this forum but do not understand it fully, both passwords from the admin to mine are exact the same, but still fails. I am setup with the 'user' security mode.

Am I doing something wrong?

Nick
Message 71 of 108
minerva
Aspirant

Eagle Eyes wrote:
I have upgraded to RAIDiator 4.2.9 how do I now enable the ReadyNAS Photos and BitTorrent Download Manager?

I've looked in Services > Installed Add-ons but only find the ReadyNAS Remote v1.0.9.25 and nothing else...

You can get the ReadyNAS Photos addd on here : http://www.readynas.com/?page_id=617
Message 72 of 108
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

minerva wrote:
Eagle Eyes wrote:

You can get the ReadyNAS Photos addd on here : http://www.readynas.com/?page_id=617

That's the Sparc link (e.g. for NV+, Duo, 1100). The link for x86 e.g. the NVX is here: http://www.readynas.com/?page_id=608.
Message 73 of 108
kclark
Aspirant

Can not Connect ReadyNAS Photos share exit code 32

Hello,

I have the following setup:

ReadyNAS Duo
    RAIDiator 4.1.6 [1.00a043]
    ReadyNas Photos Service v2.2 (Service installed and enabled)
    ReadyNas Photos application 1.1 for Linux (icon is shown in Notification area)
    media share has full read/write access over CIFS, NFS and FTP
    CIFS has 'Allow guest' enabled.

The webserver (http://localhost:1025/readynas/template/index.jsp?pageId=settings) finds my NAS box, but cannot connect to it.

I originally had my media/Pictures share as a symlink to /backup/machine_name/kev/Pictures, which I thought may have been causing the problem. So I moved this to 'Pictures2', and created a new folder 'Pictures' under media, with full permissions. Yet when I try to connect I get the same error. I have tried using with and without authentication (using my NAS local account and using the root account), but same result.

Here is the full error:

Unable to connect to ReadyNAS Photos share on 192.168.0.2
share=[hostname=192.168.0.2, share=Dekoh$], exit code=[32], error=[Warning: mapping 'guest' to 'guest,sec=none' ]

Any pointers would be grateful.

Thanks,
Kevin
Message 74 of 108
jeoomkens
Aspirant

Hello,

I currently own a ReadyNAS NVX for one moth now, so far I didn't run into any significant problems and I am happy the way this thing works. But now I've got a problem which I can't solve. I've read a view other posts on this topic but they didn't offer me any solution.

So what's my problem: I tried to install the add-on via System/Update/Local to my NVX but it says "invalid image" - I used to "latest" version of ReadyNAS Photo - ReadyNAS_Photos_2.2-x86.bin

I use RAIDiator 4.2.11 - and RAIDar 4.3.0

I rebooted the NVX several times, I also redownloaded the file... - Nothing works and it keeps saying "invalid image"

So maybe the image isn't compatibel with this version of RAIDiator? I don't know

Help!! Anyone?

J.

*** EDIT 28/06/2010***

I located the image in the media share of the readynas and then installed the image. That helped!

I now got a fully functioning readyNAS photos! 😄
Message 75 of 108
Discussion stats
Announcements