× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS RND-2B no internet access

Sbyd
Tutor

ReadyNAS RND-2B no internet access

I am setting up disk in Windows 10 and I cannot connect to the internet on the network. Orange lights on the NAS plug are on. Browsers are blocking access. nur works offline. this is a problem with the SMB protocol and certificates. The software is up-to-date (5.3).

Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS RND-2B no internet access

@Sbyd wrote:

I am setting up disk in Windows 10 and I cannot connect to the internet on the network. Orange lights on the NAS plug are on. Browsers are blocking access. nur works offline. this is a problem with the SMB protocol and certificates. The software is up-to-date (5.3).

See this thread:  https://community.netgear.com/t5/New-ReadyNAS-Users-General/Workaround-for-ERR-SSL-VERSION-OR-CIPHER...

Message 2 of 4
Sbyd
Tutor

I don't know what and where to install and what files to back up.

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Please don't double-post, it just creates confusion when you have multiple conversations going on about the same issue.

@Sbyd wrote:

I don't know what and where to install...

Start by enabling the SMB 1/CIFS client on the Windows 10 PC.  You do that by going into "turn windows features on or off".  That should give you access to the shares with Windows Explorer.  Enter \\nas-ip-address in the Explorer address bar to check this - using the actual NAS ip address of course, and being careful to use the correct slash direction.

To gain access to the web dashboard, first install FireFox 94.0.2 as mentioned in the other thread. Immediately configure it to prevent it from auto-updating. Once into the dashboard, you can install the add-on from rnxtras - a direct link is here: https://github.com/rdynsxtrs/r5bin/blob/master/apache2/Apache2_2.2.34-arm-0.0.1.bin  Then you can go back and use your customary browser

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements