× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas Pro 4, should I update to 6.10.2? (current version is 6.9.4)

kamanwu
Aspirant

ReadyNas Pro 4, should I update to 6.10.2? (current version is 6.9.4)

I updated my Pro 4 from old OS to OS6 (6.9.4) about 9 months ago.  So far so good. I did not see any problems.

I just realized that the lastest version is 6.10.2 now.   Should I do the upgrade?  What's the big difference between 6.9.4 and 6.10.2?

If there are NO big changes, I do not want to take the risk to do the firmware upgrade.  but if there are big changes, I think I will do it.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: ReadyNas Pro 4, should I update to 6.10.2? (current version is 6.9.4)

The "Long Term Support" version of the OS is 6.9.5, hotfix 1.  Well, maybe it's 6.9.6, but that's ever been put in the update server, as far as I can tell.  The release notes for 6.10.2 are here: ReadyNAS-OS-6-Software-Version-6-10-2 and you can find similar ones for 6.10.0 and 6.10.1.

I thought I was ready to go with 6.10.x on my legacy systems when it was found that there was a repository problem killing a lot of apps.  With such a huge mistake made and only noticed by those outside Netgear, I decided it was not ready for prime time.  I'm still runing 6.9.5, and it seems rock solid.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: ReadyNas Pro 4, should I update to 6.10.2? (current version is 6.9.4)

The "Long Term Support" version of the OS is 6.9.5, hotfix 1.  Well, maybe it's 6.9.6, but that's ever been put in the update server, as far as I can tell.  The release notes for 6.10.2 are here: ReadyNAS-OS-6-Software-Version-6-10-2 and you can find similar ones for 6.10.0 and 6.10.1.

I thought I was ready to go with 6.10.x on my legacy systems when it was found that there was a repository problem killing a lot of apps.  With such a huge mistake made and only noticed by those outside Netgear, I decided it was not ready for prime time.  I'm still runing 6.9.5, and it seems rock solid.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements