× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNas Surveillance: App Download

Charlesb224
Tutor

ReadyNas Surveillance: App Download

My trusty Netgear ReadyNas RN102 let me down after 6 years of faultless performance with a BTRFS error which meant I had to perform a full factory reset.
It's now back up and running, yet there is one letdown. I've used the ReadyNas Surveillance app on this server for several years (single license) and when I looked to reinstall the app so I can continue to record my CCTV footage....it's no longer available within the Apps area
and to make things even worse, it's not possible to download the .deb file and install it manually.

Where is it? I need that app to record my footage and I'm slightly disgusted that it's not at least available to registered owners who can utilise it

Please assist. @netgear 

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

AFAIK, the only way to install it on a factory defaulted machine is via SSH with apt-get install surveillance.

Note that there are known security issues with it.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
breereeb
Aspirant

@Charlesb224 wrote:

My trusty Netgear ReadyNas RN102 let me down after 6 years of faultless performance with a BTRFS error which meant I had to perform a full factory reset. apk mod
It's now back up and running, yet there is one letdown. I've used the ReadyNas Surveillance app on this server for several years (single license) and when I looked to reinstall the app so I can continue to record my CCTV footage....it's no longer available within the Apps area
and to make things even worse, it's not possible to download the .deb file and install it manually. facebook apk

Where is it? I need that app to record my footage and I'm slightly disgusted that it's not at least available to registered owners who can utilise it

Please assist. @netgear 

Why don't you use a dedicated device to record the footage from your CCTV system ? I think it's called a DVR.

Message 2 of 6
Sandshark
Sensei

AFAIK, the only way to install it on a factory defaulted machine is via SSH with apt-get install surveillance.

Note that there are known security issues with it.

Message 3 of 6
Charlesb224
Tutor

@breereeb   Why the condescending   response?

DVR is  uses analogue technology.  Which is why I have 2  NVR 's (This ReadyNas and an Asustor) which can record using an IP Camera, supplied by my managed PoE switch.    

Message 4 of 6
Charlesb224
Tutor

@Sandshark   Many thanks.  I will look into the SSH option, didn't know I could do that to install the app. 

I am aware of the security issue, but it will be within a closed network, so I would hope I am well protected by the layers (H/w and S/w) that I have  on my network and I'm not allowing access  to the  internet for this.

Message 5 of 6
Charlesb224
Tutor

SSH worked . Thanks @Sandshark 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements