× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNas & ReadyCloud

Rob_Brown
Tutor

ReadyNas & ReadyCloud

Hi community,

The company I work for has a pair of Netgear's RNDP6000 ReadyNAS Pro 6's.

They've not been properly utilised in the past and I'm looking to have them in service for backups. 1 as onsite, 1 as offsite.

Now the onsite one was an easy setup, reconfigured the drives and got it added into our backup solution. No problems.

The offsite one though is proving problematic. I'd thought to use ReadyNAS Replicate - but that appears to have been retired. Having dug a little deeper it seems that ReadyCLOUD should do the job - but I can't seem to get the ReadyCLOUD desktop application to find either of the units.

The instructions on the front page of the application indicate a 6 drive unit (like ours) should be set to 'Discovery on' by using the up & down buttons - but I gather that applies to a newer generation of unit than the ones I've got here.

RAIDar can see the units without issue, though I can't work out how to do the "offline discovery & installation" successfully.

Can someone point me in the right direction on this? Or are the units I've got here actually too old to achieve what I'm striving for natively (i.e. without a controlling PC of some variety doing the heavy lifting).

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Rob_Brown,

Welcome to the Community!

ReadyCLOUD cannot detect your ReadyNAS Pro 6 because only the ReadyNAS devices that have OS6 firmware can use the ReadyCLOUD feature.

You can set up a VPN on your network as a workaround. 

Another option is to convert your ReadyNAS Pro 6 firmware to OS6 but NETGEAR does not recommend or support this procedure. You may check this thread regarding this.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Rob_Brown,

Welcome to the Community!

ReadyCLOUD cannot detect your ReadyNAS Pro 6 because only the ReadyNAS devices that have OS6 firmware can use the ReadyCLOUD feature.

You can set up a VPN on your network as a workaround. 

Another option is to convert your ReadyNAS Pro 6 firmware to OS6 but NETGEAR does not recommend or support this procedure. You may check this thread regarding this.

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
Rob_Brown
Tutor

Thanks for that, I'll give the thread a read.

Much obliged.

Message 3 of 4
Rob_Brown
Tutor

That's worked just fine. The unit upgraded without any apparent issue.

Had a bit of head scratching when the default password was different after the update. Might be worth adding a spot of clarity to the thread to confirm the different default password?

Many thanks.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements