× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNasPro6 Raidiator4.2 to Os6 conversion

sevilla315
Aspirant

ReadyNasPro6 Raidiator4.2 to Os6 conversion

Hi all,

I'm finally getting round to converting my old ReadyNas Pro 6 to OS6 and I'm copying the data from the ReadyNas Raid to an attached 4TB usb disk.

Can I use the RAIDar FrontView Backup to do this or does it copy the data onto the destination USB as a compressed file? 

If a compressed file, Can I then use OS 6 after the conversion to read this backup file back onto the newly configured RAID or will it be in a different format and unreadable?

I tried using FTP but it took absolutely ages for only one share.

Thanks

Model: RNDP6000v2|ReadyNAS Pro 6 Chassis only
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

@sevilla315 wrote:

Can I use the RAIDar FrontView Backup to do this or does it copy the data onto the destination USB as a compressed file? 

Frontview backup jobs will copy the individual files - they won't be compressed or encapsulated in a container.  

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@sevilla315 wrote:

Frontview backup jobs will copy the individual files - they won't be compressed or encapsulated in a container.  

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements